Five Month Wait is Over -- New 1911

KyJim

I special ordered an Ed Brown Executive Elite Centennial five months ago. It came in yesterday.

The EE Centennial is a blued, carbon steel pistol. It is based on the "standard" Executive Elite but with with special markings to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 1911, jeweled barrel hood, and Tru-Ivory grips. My custom options included: 10-8 rear sight (0.140" notch), Novak gold bead front, serrated rear of slide, and flush cut barrel.

I'm going to be busy this weekend with family stuff but hope to get to the range. Here are a few pics I took at the office today. They don't do justice to the gun.

Lighting is not too good on this one, but it shows the color of the grips better than any of the others. The grips are really nice. They have the look and feel of real ivory. Speculation is that Tru-Ivory uses bonded ivory.

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9633.jpg

Brown uses 25 LPI checkering and breaks the points.

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9635.jpg

Some more pictures:

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9638.jpg

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9644.jpg

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9642.jpg

Finally, the Brown family:

Ed_Brown_Cent_DSCN9647.jpg

LockedBreech

You won't find craftsmanship at the Ed Brown level commonly. I've always thought Brown pistols were unusually refined. They just seem absolutely smooth and lovingly, meticulously detailed.

KyJim

Thanks for the kind comments. It sounds silly talking about something being a good value at the Brown price level but I believe they are very good values. It would cost considerably more, IMO, to start with a standard Colt or SA, and bring it up to the level of fit, finish, accuracy, etc. of a Brown.

BigJimP

Congratulations ....Brown makes very nice guns ...I trust you'll enjoy it as much as your others.../ thanks for sharing.

SHNOMIDO

The ivory on black looks good. I'm also a fan of the appearance of the polished barrel.

All in all, very classy 1911. Make me want to get one.