First Time Using N320

markr6754

I’m making my way through the different powders I picked up from the closing sale at bullets.com. I’ve tried the Silhouette...love how it meters, but I found it to be very dirty. I could be wrong...but that was my first impression. So the other night I pulled out the bottle of Vihtavuori N320 and opened her up. That is one interesting powder shape. It’s not flaked, it’s not beads, I’m thinking it resembles baby Rice Crispies. As with Silhouette, it meters great!

I started with 3.8gr, COL 1.142” for Berry’s 124gr 9mm Copper Plated Round Nose, and loaded into Federal brass with Winchester WSP primers. Took this down to the range and it was ever so sweet. I’m sure that I turned around with a big grin. Then I let my wife try it. She has really small hands and doesn’t like to shoot my 92 FS, but even she liked the feel. I can’t use a Chrono were I shoot, so I haven’t even bought one. But for me, the proof of the loading is in the shooting.

I’m only trying to put pukas in paper. And when the puka appears where expected, I’m a happy camper...no matter how fast it appeared.
Fairly pricey...I’ll definitely have to find it on sale, but I like this powder.

Reloadron

I have always liked the VihtaVuori powders. About 25 years ago it was a niche powder I sold in a brick and mortar gun shop owned by my wife and I. Back then Kaltran Pettibone was the US importer and I was buying from George Kebly at Kebly's Range where the powders were sought by the bench rest community. Kebly's Range is the home of the annual super shoot for the 100 & 200 yard bench rest community. George gave me some real nice prices when I bought in quantity and I was the only shop for miles who was selling the stuff. I like all of their powders but shoot more of their rifle powders than anything else.

The N320 powder is well suited for 9mm as well as 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 44 Magnum, 45 ACP and 45 Colt. Burning rate comes in around Red Dot and Win 231 according to VihtaVuori. Glad you are enjoying it.

Ron

Dufus

I have never tried N320, but I am a solid believer and user of N340. It works great in all my semi-auto handguns. The cleanest powder I have shot and it has no flash when shooting in the dark with 9mm. I haven't shot the other calibers in the dark so can't comment about them.

disseminator

I am another who loves N340. I use it in 9, 40, 45, 357 Mag so far. It is an excellent powder and has very desireable traits like good metering, clean burning, and most important: great accuracy.

I also have great results with the vvN105 and N110 powders.

I use the N105 in the 357 SIG, 357 Mag, 45 Auto Rim, 10mm, and 45 Colt so far. It's magic.

AzShooter

I've gone through 24 pounds of N 320 so far. It's my favorite powder for 9 mm and 38 short colt. Burns real clean. No smoke when shooting and easy to get my reloads into my revolver when needed.