First time goat hunt results!!

mitchell koster

Well what a big week hey?

We just got back from a goat hunt. In the end we totalled 10 goats. 3 for the freezers and 7 others (These include the four trophies). I'll post posts soon. We got 4 nice trophies there were three billies and a nanny.

The terrain where they were was "quite" steep, rocky and slippery.

The first billy was shot late in the afternoon, it was dropped with a Tikka 590 22-250, the shot impacted the goat in the neck and dropped him instantly.

The others were taken by both my brother, my uncle, and I.

Thanks to all those who gave advice and info. Not sure if the photos are any good but hey.

Hope you enjoy.

MK

Last edited:

Dannyl

Well done Mitchell

Hi,
Well done!

What a coincidence, we also just got back from a week of hunting (my wife and my son went with me).
She shot 4 rather large Springboks, I took 3 Springboks, an Impala Ram and a Blesbuck. all our friends got their "orders" delivered and out freezer is full. In fact yesterday we had a great Blesbuck-curry :)

My son did not want to shoot but did all the walking and stalking with me, and it was great to have him along me.

The bush was rather thick and the terrain rough with stoney ground so it was hard walking, but the challenge is part of the hunt.

I also cannot post photos for some reason.

Anyone with advise how to sort this out?

Brgds,

Danny