First time at the range w/ my 15-3

carl418

As a few of you know, I bought a S&W 15-3 yesterday. This is my FIRST S&W!! Well, as you can imagine, I couldn't wait to shoot it..... I did just that today. All I can say is...... WOW!! I've never shot anything this accurate!! I KNOW it's not me!! lol...... I'm sooooo impressed..... very smooth trigger..... VERY accurate!! Definitely a keeper!
Side note..... I did a little research today on grips..... S&W.com has rosewood grips that look soooooo good! but! $75..... I told myself, "no way!".... however, when I went to buy ammo at the local gundealer, who also happens to be a S&W dealer..... guess what..... they had them in stock..... well..... once I saw them....... let's just say, I'm now looking at which bills I can put off long enough to cough up the dough!! lol.....

Ignatz

I have a 15-2 with the S&W grips on there website. I bought them allong with a fiber-optic sight for my 625 from their accesory page. You can shop around and get the stuff a little cheaper if you go right to the people who made the parts originally. I saw what appeared to be the identical grips on another web-page for around $15 less. It probably just did'nt have the S&W logo on the side. I'll try to find the page and post it if I find it. Anyway, the grips make the old gun look totally different, excellent quality. BTW, I just bought a beautiful 25-2 yesterday, so today I'm preoccupied with my 45!:D

XavierBreath

You have been assimilated!

Next, a M&P, then a Model 29, then a .................. :D

$250 for a gun that makes you that happy is a steal, No?
Keep an eye on ebay for grips.

carl418

Ignatz, the grips you got from S&W..... are they the combat grip or the presentation grip? I am having a really hard time deciding. Do the combat grips stick out in the front? (since they dont follow the contour of the frame).
XavierBreath, yes! The happiness is well worth the money spent!! Now, about that M&P.....

Ignatz

I have the K square rosewood combat grips. The back strap of the model 15 is exposed, so the front of the grips are fuller. Feels good. Check out www.kelleyarms.com and look under there grip section. They have a pair of grips that look just like mine without the logo for $45. Can't say there the same manufacture, but they look similar. I was very happy with my purchace from S&W. Sorry I'm without camera.:eek: