First time at the Gun Club

BrittB

I made my way to the local gun club today to try my hand at Sporting Clays with my Stoeger Condor 12 gauge. First, let me say that the place I visited today is first class and I can't recommend them highly enough. Their website is www.salemclays.com and if your in the area, you should stop by and check them out. The people whom I met today were all nice and very friendly plus they allow dogs.
The course was a lot of fun and challeging too but I did notice something that's has not been a big issue before with the Stoeger. It doesn't like to eject the shells and as an extractor type system, I know they don't pop out. It's just always been no big deal to tip the shotgun back and have them fall out. I thought that maybe the bore was dirty and cleaned them up but it made no difference. Something else I need to deal with I guess.
Again, if you get the chance to go to one of these places, do it! You will be happy you did.:D

WeedWacker

Some shooters like the Aguila Mini shot shells for the reason you describe. They leave the chamber faster than standard length shells even though you gain nothing for capacity with a SxS or O/U shotgun.

oneounceload

For sporting clays, I am shooting 7/8oz reloads in my 12 gauge - much easier on the shoulder. SC is one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on..........:D

BrittB

Way better than golf too! You don't have to chase down some tiny little ball and dress like a San Francisco fancy boy. I have found a new passion, that's for sure!:D