First rifle, handgun, and shotgun bought?

sigsooie

Thought it would be interesting to see what was the first rifle, handgun and shotgun that you actually bought with your own money. Lots of us had guns given to us by a grand dad or father, especially .22's and 410's. But what did you actually go buy when you were old enough?
My first purchases were.......
1. Handgun- A S&W model 15 .38 Special (Nickel) still got it.
2. Rifle- A Remington model 700 ADL .270Winchester
3. Shotgun- A Browning BPS Hunter 12guage

AZ Med18

I bought

Shotgun: Mossberg 500a for $100
Pistol: Colt Python for $200
Rifle: Savage 111 30-06 package for $240

thetoecutter

1. New Italian repro New Model Army BP on my 18th Bday (first "modern" pistol was a used Ruger Mark II)

2. New Ruger 10/22 standard from the local JC Penney outlet & put a Tasco 4x from Rink's Bargain City on it.

3. New Ithaca 37 standard in 12 ga. from the local hardware store I was working at as a teenager.

TTC

drjjpdc

Well my dad did not allow guns in the house, but I had a neighbor who took his son hunting and as soon as I was 18 I bought a Winchester Model 190 semi-auto .22 and kept it at his house. An incredible act of defiance for me.
Of course since ny friend's father worked with my dad, it eventually slipped out and 'ol dad was not a happy camper but there was nothing he could really do.

Handgun: Ruger .357 Blackhawk 6.5" bbl. Still my favorite desert island handgun.

Shotgun: Browning BPS pump 28" modified 12 ga

RedneckFur

First non-BP handgun was a Ruger GP-100 with 6" barrel.
First shotgun was a used Stevens 311C I bought from a freind
First rifle I bought for myself was a Marlin 982S (.22mag)

I've since sold the .22 mag

TheNatureBoy

First rifle - Ruger M77 .243 cal. (I still have it).

First shotgun - J.C. Higgins 12 ga. bolt action w/choke compensator at end of barrel ( somebody did me a favor and stole it). Forced me to buy a better one.

First handgun - 9x18 Russian Makarov (traded it/too embarassed to tell you what for).

doug66

Ruger mini-14 used
Jennings j-22 bought new, piece of crap flew apart in under 50 rds.
Rem. 870 police trade in nickle finish-cool gun

Still own the mini and 870

SPUSCG

moms house moms rule no guns but the gun club im joining has good locker rentals so i will be getting a rifle soon, not sure what yet.

bobn

first 22> rossi copy of winchester $79. first shotgun> 1100 at $189. first centerfire> sav 99e in 243 for a $169. first handgun> emf brass frame navy for less than $100......bobn (still have the 22)

Sevens

1) Universal M1 Carbine. Not a commonly known maker, not U.S. govt issue, but a pretty good copy of one. Bought it used but didn't get along all too well with it and sold it some 4-5 years later. It was a well-built rifle, I should have given it a little more love. I guess I was 17 or so when I bought this.

2) S&W 686, 6-inch stainless, .357 Mag. Bought this new with paper route money when I was 16 years old. Still have it/love it.

3) Shotgun... hmmmm.... Inherited a couple, got another for Christmas when I was 18, to this day I haven't actually bought one. I have three.

I was also limited by a no guns policy in my house until I rented an apartment at school.

Walther P22-Great to practice with and shoot in the target pistol club
TC Thunderhawk BP-Tried to make it out for muzzle loader last year.
Bought the Shotgun and cartidge rifle on the same day shortly after receiving confirmation that I would be graduating from college at the end of the quarter if I passed my classes
Marlin 891T .22LR- To get some practice in
H&R Pardner 12 ga

More importantly, if I had it to do over:
Pistol:p22 was a good first semi-auto. I have decided I like revolvers and had I known this I would have gone with a single six ruger.
Rifle: I would have skipped the .22lr bolt action practice rifle and gone For a GAMO to practice. I will probably hand this .22LR off to some new shooter in the next few years.
H&R pardner w/ screw in chokes was a good choice and I would stick with it. You can hunt almost anything with a 12ga, so this gave me the ability to say yes to almost any hunting offer. I would have made this purchase first.

Falcon5NZ

My parents were never into firearms. When they broke up and mum moved in with her partner (who is a shooter) I bought a Single Barrel Baikal 18 12ga Shotgun. Grandad gave me a .22 Semi Automatic Stirling 15 shot last year

rifle: Winchester M-92 25-20

revolver: H&R 9 shot .22LR

shotgun: unknown maker double barrel 12Ga., with brazing patch on right barrel

SilentHitz

1st pistol: Ruger single six

1st rifle: Remington 788 bolt action .308

1st shotgun: Mossberg persuader 12 ga. pump

These were the 1st I bought...had a couple handed down by my Dad as a kid.