First IPSC Match

Ron Ankeny

I shot my first IPSC match yesterday and what a blast. I haven't shot a match of any kind in 15 years and need my butt kicked for not staying in the shooting sports. I want those missing 15 years back.

Anyhow, I would encourage all shooters, regardless of experience, to try an IPSC match or two. They are a heck of a lot of fun. I can't think of a more entertaining way to turn noise into money.

Ron Ankeny

Joey:

Happened to notice you too are from Wyoming. I am shooting IDPA and IPSC in Dubois. I believe there is some IPSC going on in Casper too. Of course the cowboy stuff is all over the state.

I wanted to try some IDPA in Northern Colorado, but I need to go clear to Denver for a safety class. For all practical purposes, shooters from the "outside" are pretty much eliminated along the front range of Colorado unless you have an IPSC classification.

Joey

Ron,

That's the exact problem we're having with IDPA or IPSC. When the safety class is being held in Denver we are unable to make it. The Owl Canyon range is only 30 min south of Cheyenne though.

Cowboy shooting was the only kind of shooting close by that we could partake in other than just going to the range informal. Good thing the wife grew up on westerns though cuz she is really into it also.

I'd still like to take the safety course whenever we're able and try IDPA. It sure would be nice if they offered it at the range befire a shoot.

Joey

motorep,
e-mail server is having fits, nothing is comming through. Ifin you would sent it to AA@bladequest.com as this is our temp e-mail address till the server fixes things.

I was getting a e-mail when the front range safety clases were being held unfortunality I've always been working or unable to attend a class.