First Garand, CMP Service Grade

trophyrider

Always intended to order an M1 Garand from the CMP and kept putting it off for other things. Finally got around to ordering one back in March and received this one yesterday. Springfield Armory serial #2238763, SA barrel dated 3/66, RIA GI stock. Muzzle reading of 1, throat reading of 2. I am so happy with what I received and I am so looking forward to getting it out to the range with all the Greek ammo I bought.

e9bf7c51-bc6d-4423-b852-06021f9114a2.jpg

Last edited:

T. O'Heir

"...that's on my bucket list..." Don't dilly-dally then. CMP appears to be running. According to their site, only C's and D's left. $935 for a Rack grade D.
That doesn't mean they'll never get more though.
"...ammo..." Reloading is your friend. FL resizing only. Think 150 or 168 grain FMJ's with IMR4064. IMR4064 is more consistently accurate that either 4895.

GarandTd

Nice rifle. I took my CMP service grade out to fire for the 1st time on Father's Day. It is an impressive rifle. I cannot wait to get it out again.

Ernest T

You really scored on that one! Beautiful and with USGI wood. Many of the recent CMP SG rifles have been coming with CMP wood, which is nice and new, but I'd much prefer one like you got. Plus it sounds like you got a great barrel. Should be a great shooter.

Congrats!