First day at the range!

CC268

Hey guys went out today with my Tikka T3 Lite .243 and zeroed my scope (or at least kind of did). It was my first time ever zeroing or doing any of this so I wasn't as efficient as I could have been. I sort of over corrected with my scope adjustments which is why my shots at 200 yards are a bit high and to the left, but overall did decent (one of my shots at 200 yard was a bit of an odd ball, I think that was my fault). If you have any suggestions or anything I could do better let me know! Keep in mind I am completely new to zeroing, etc.

IMG_20140103_162559_zps67f2fe92.jpg

Once I got home I cleaned the rifle really well. Followed this video basically: http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz335/Kawasaki268F/IMG_20140103_162559_zps67f2fe92.jpg

Also, used copper solvent in bore to get all the copper fouling out. Should be squeaky clean now!

YARDDOG(1)

Pretty good job. Get a little better groups @ 100 yrd will most likely tighten
the 200 yrd groups JMO ; ) PS Keep shooting & Stay safe
Y/D

CC268

Thanks I will make a few minor adjustments! I was trying to zero at 200 yards..range was very very busy today though and got tired of shooting 3 groups and waiting and repeating

AllenJ

Keep in mind I am completely new to zeroing, etc.

Looks to me like you did excellent for your first time. With practice your groups are going to get smaller so keep it up. What kind of rest were you using?

CC268

I rented one of those Caldwell lead sleds but the rubber feet moved around a lot on the concrete bench. I think my sandbags would have actually been better