First C&R purchase

Hog Red

made my first purchase with my c&r license today. not my first c&r purchase though. picked up a walnut swiss k-31 for $285. i know that is not a great deal but i wasn't coming home without one and this was the best looking example i could find. prices at the tulsa gunshow were high overall.

RaySendero

Red,
Don't know who you've been talking to?
But, I think you got a great rifle at a very good price!!!
K31s have doubled and almost double in price again in the last 6 years.
Post us a pic please.

m.p.driver

That's actually lower than any walnut K31's i have seen in a while.The days of $69-$79 are gone,i bought one just for the magazine several years ago.Noticed yesterday at a Cincinnati show, surplus arms are getting a little scarce at the shows.

bumnote

Same first purchase I made with mine. The price isn't bad, it's probably close to average for K31's, the price of them seems to be rising lately. It's a great rifle I know you'll enjoy it.

Cheapshooter

That's not a bad price after checking the websites of a few of the "usual suspect" distributors. Especially when you add the shipping charges, and consider many of them don't even have the K-31 rifles anymore.
But now, make sure you get a copy of your license to all the wholesale distributors, and get on their email and mailing lists. That can save you a few bucks on some of the more common C&R firearms available.
Oh, and start looking at bigger safes. It's only just begun!!!:D

GUNSNGOLD

i remember my first buy a mismatched M48 that i dumped off, it was a lesson learned for all subsequent purchases. btw, is that what K31';a are going for nowadays? i was picking them up for $79 a pop..:eek: