First 9mm

txray22

I'm thinking about buying myself a present. I've been a sixshooter fan for years and only owned two semi autos (1911 and Ruger .22).

I'm thinking about getting a 9mm. The Ruger looks good, but I once fired an old Browning HP (wood grips, round hammer spur), and it just felt right.

Money wise the Ruger P95 would be hard to beat, and I love Ruger revolvers. What BHP should I look at? I understand there are many clones out there.

Or, maybe someone has a better idea. I would mostly use it for a car gun/plinker.

Phil

Henry Baker

If you want a BHP go to www.browning.com, then firearms, then centerfire pistol. You could also look for Fabrique National which is the company I think makes them. The BHP is a great gun and many people like them. They are very reliable, aren't expencive, and used ones, parts, ammo, and accessories are readily availible.

Nimitz87

look into xd-9's...about $100 cheaper than the glocks...just bought one havnt shot it. but I have shot around 500 rds. through the store's gun...love the grip. ala 1911 style.

Chad

johnny3

Make yourself satisfied & happy, get a Hi Power in 9mm, Browning or FN either one. You won't be content till you do.

Handy

The Arcus 94 doesn't look the part, but is a Hi Power through and through. These can be had for less than the typical Ruger.

sltintexas

2nd vote for Arcus

I've owned an Arcus 94 for a little over a year and I have had no issues with it. Its a great gun and I got it for a great price. Mine doesn't seem to be the most accurate, as I can shoot my buddies 9mm much better, but I think I just need someone 'in the know' to adjust the sites for me.

txray22

Got a 9mm

I got a XD9 today. It's new, the first owner bought it at the local gun shop, never fired it. He sold it to a co-worker, with another gun, the co-worker, never fired it, sold it to me for $275. I know each of these men and the gun store owner, so it's not a hot gun.

From what I've seen, I got a good deal. I'm not sure if I will keep it. I had just about given up on the 9mm idea, and figured to get another revolver (SP101).

I got a cheap holster, 20 rounds of ammo, a plastic box, and a spare 10 round mag with it.

The holster keep the grip safety down, so it's going. If I keep it I'm thinking about a IWB holster.

What do you think?

toast

There is a charles daly close of the bhp that, from what ive read, is a pretty good make at a lower price then the browning or fn. Might be worth checking into at least.

jroth

9mm

GET THE HIPOWER, NOW!!!!

More familiar with the BHP and the old S&W M39-2,
The BHP any current model check the Browning website for S/N years basically anything in a 245 xxx is from arly 80's