First 50 out of the G29!!!

denfoote

I put the first 50 rounds out of my G29 Saturday!!! :D
Three words: Damn, I mean DAMN!!! :eek:
I understand why the female FBI agents were bi&ching!! ;)
The recoil turned out, at least for me, to be very tiring. Not painful, just tiring!!! :) After 50 rounds, my shooting hand was fatigued to say the least!!
The round also was loud and the muzzle blast was spectacular!!
Accuracy was ok, not the best I ever shot, but ok. I figure that since I was already used to the Glock trigger, it must have been the increased recoil.
Despite this, I like it!! It will just take some getting used to!!! :cool:
This one's a keeper!!! :D

tlhelmer

They are great guns! The power is awesome.

I believe that the hot rounds are more likely to expand than the same gr. round in a .40 caliber gun. I would and do use both the .40 and the 10mm, but the 10 is definately hotter!

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 217

Onslaught

I took the 3.5# trigger out of my old G29, after the stout muzzle flip combined with short/light trigger caused an experienced revolver shooter but inexperienced Glock shooter to "double fire".

But if you're a Glock man, as Denfoote, and I'm sure Ihkas is, it won't be a bit-a trouble.

I did like the 3.5# connector with the NY#1 spring though...

krept

Do you guys usually shoot with the extended baseplate? I used an extended baseplate on my G27 until I became used to the recoil, which never was that bad. Now I almost never use the extension.

With full house 10mms and a two finger grip, I bet things get exciting.

denfoote

As soon as it is broken in and I come up with the extra bucks, it is gunna go in for the 3.5lb connector and reduced power trigger spring, Heinies, and fuzzy grips!! I'm also going to get the .40S&W conversion barrel from Federal Arms!! :) (Cheap "plink'in ammo ;) )

Claywms

The G29 is an excellent piece....congrats!
On the 3.5# connector issue - I thought of putting one in mine, but I found that just by breaking in the gun and keeping the connector lubed with breakfree the trigger smooths out really well and seems lighter than it was in the first few hundred rounds. I'd give it some time, and some lube, before changing anything. my .02

Good luck, and good shooting.

lhkas

DENFOOTE
once you get your gun broken in,and get everything done to it that you want you will have the best and the most accurate gun you can own.

biere

3 words, one is just repeated. :D

I like my 29 and will agree the thing makes you pay more attention than a 9mm glock does.

But I also like knowing there is a noticable difference in what is going downrange.

denfoote

DENFOOTE
once you get your gun broken in,and get everything done to it that you want you will have the best and the most accurate gun you can own.

Ihkas,
Oh, I don't know about that!! :D
My wife's G26 is pretty durn accurate, more so than the G19 that the new G29 replaced, and my G36 is a lot more accurate than my poor, bifocaled, middle aged eyes will allow!!! :eek:

KSFreeman

denfoot, I don't know if that applies to all females. Shot next to a woman at gun skul once who used a "Glockzilla", the G20, all 5 days.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I was going to say "What's the big deal?". ;)

Yeah, it can get a little noisy when capping off hot Cor-Bon ammo, but my G29's never had recoil that was that noticeable.:D :p

denfoote

Tamara,
You should have been in the FBI when they were using the 10!! :)
I bet you could have single handedly saved the cartridge!!!!! :D :rolleyes: