Firestorm Semi Auto Pistols

dajowi

I'm thinking of purchasing a Firestorm .22 auto. Does anyone have any experience with this brand/model of firearm? The reviews of this pistol don't sound too bad.

kjack

Good Choice

I have one with a 6" barrel - not a pocket gun any more, but accurate, pleasant to shoot and reliable. It is kind of an odd-ball (similar to the Walther PP Sport or Beretta 71 (I think) with the longer barrel).

It has an internal lock (but I have never engaged it), hammer-drop safety, and a magazine disconnect. It is a very good teaching gun for my spouse. The finger-groove soft rubber grips fit her hand very well.

I am looking for a .380 as a companion, but the .22 is radically less expensive to feed and will be shot a lot more (so far, mine digests everything). I got mine off of one of the auction sites and I was pleased with the price.

The downside of the Bersa .22 is that spare magazines are really hard to find. I may have picked up the next to last one in the US after a very wide Google search. On another forum, I gave the address to a Bersa .22 shooter and he may have picked up the last one. (Ivanhoe Outlet)

There is a Bersa forum if you want to get other opinions.

Hope this helps in your decision.

cavediver27

I own a Firestorm .22 semi-auto that I had a local gun shop special order for me because I thought it would be a nice little plinker. To be quite honest, it is pretty much a POS. The fit and finish is marginal at best. Forget shooting any bulk ammo (Federal, Remington or Winchester) or even regular box ammo because every second or third round will jamb. The only round that will cycle reliably is CCI Stingers and they get expensive to shoot after a while. CCI Mini-Mags won't even reliably cycle although the failure rate is only about 1 in 10 or so. After the first session with it I took it home to strip and clean it. The recoil spring wouldn't come out and it took me about an hour with various dental picks to finally get it out. The problem was excessive casting flash in the front inside of the slide that was never cleaned up at the factory that didn't allow the spring to seat properly. Ultimately the recoil spring jambed itself inside the casting flash. I had to take a dremil tool and grind it out and then smooth everything out and do what the factory should have done in the first place.

I would sell or trade the thing except I won't do something that crappy to someone. So, it sits in the gun safe.

Dave Krobath

Never shot their 22 but I have the Firestorm mini9 and love it. I would think the 22 should be about the same. I also have a bersa 380 and a 40 so I had great luck with them so far. Hope you do too.

Dave