Firestorm mini45 question

dr.magnum

I own a Bersa 380, and really like it. My local shop got in a Mini45 yesterday. I know Bersa makes them. Have any of you fired one of these? It seems like alot of bullet in a small gun. How is the recoil in it? Will it shoot HP, or just FMJ? They put it out for $299. Very tempting---! :rolleyes:

Te Anau

I dont have any info on them,but saw one NIB yesterday for $289.00 and was very intrigued.Looks like a nice gun.What is the mag capacity???? Anyone?

38SnubFan

Proud Owner

I have the same gun you're looking at. I paid $299 NIB for mine, and it's been a great deal. Shoots accurately, recoil isn't as bad as you'd think, and the sights are nice. Here's the specs I can give you.

MiniFireStorm .45:

-Action: DA/SA
-Length: 6.81"
-Width: 1.46"
-Height: 5.01"
-Weight: 27 oz. (empty)
-Barrel: 3.6"
-Rifling: RH 6 grooves, 16" pitch
-Capacity: 7+1
-Finish: Matte Blue or Two-Tone (Matte Blue Side/Satin Nickel (?) Frame)
-Front sight: Single dot blade, integral with slide
-Rear sight: White-outlined square notch, dovetailed to slide (U-System)
-Other Features:
-Ambidextrous manual safety/decocker
-Reversible magazine release
-Fully skeletonized hammer

Only drawback: The pistol only comes with one magazine. Extras will run you $40-50 dollars, and Bersa is the only one who makes them.

Holsters: Pretty much anything that can carry a Glock 26, 27, or 30 should work. Mine's in an El Paso hi-ride thumbreak (forward cant) made for a Glock 30. Yourgunparts.com carries a wide selection of Houston Holsters (Kydex) and Vega Holsters (Leather) that fit the Bersas/FireStorms perfectly as well.

Also, they DO make a rubber wrap-around grip. It can be ordered directly from Bersa for about $25 plus S&H.

It has an accessory rail on it, but the only thing so far that fits it is the CAT Laser aiming device. You could probably have a gunsmith just extend that rail out to the end and make a notch underneath to fit an M3 or M6 light for it as well.

Disassembly is simple: Remove the magazine and clear the weapon, rotate the take-down lever down (with the slide closed), and pull the slide forward until it clears completely off the frame. From there, just push forward on the guide rod/recoil spring and remove it, and the barrel comes right out as well. Grip is a little tricky. It's held in by a screw on the bottom. De-cock the hammer, then using a screwdriver, push in and turn the screw to the right about a 1/2 turn to compress the mainspring. Then slide the grip off.

Mine feeds any FMJ/ball ammo you can put into it, inlcuding the cheap stuff. :) My 165-gr. Federal HydraShoks feed reliably as well. I've had no FTFs or FTEs in about 300 rounds fired thus far.

Seriously, check it out. I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

-38SnubFan

jvlip3

Does the 45 have a alloy frame like the 380? I have the Thunder 380 which is fantastic but I can't find the others. For mags try CDNN. I bought some 380 mags from them and they cost me $10.00 each as I recall. They worked with no problems.I keep wanting to try the other Bersas because I had bad luck with Taurus autos. Keep us posted on the 45. Thank you.

38SnubFan

Thanks, that was what I wanted to know. Too bad the mags are so high.
You're not kidding! My income until very recently has been somewhat limited (single, living on own, plenty of bills, and a crappily-paying job), so I've yet to order spare mags. Luckily, I just started a 2nd job last week that will bring me an extra $350+ per week in my pocket, so I think I'll be buying a couple things I've been putting off within the next month or two. ;) :D

jvlip3: As far as I know, it IS an alloy frame. It's pretty lightweight, whatever it is (not polymer).

-38SnubFan