firestorm 1911?

SpookBoy

I've been offered a good price on a firestorm 1911 model with external extractor, my question is, Would this gun be a worth wile investment?, do standard 1911 parts fit? any help is always appreciated.

imdarren

I thought I was a really big 1911 fan (I have 3) until I read this.
I have never heard of them. So to call it an investment may be a long shot.
Maybe someone can educate me on this one too?
As far as my experience goes, the only true 1911 investments (that go up in value) are the older military 1911's and 1911-A1's built for military action.
Colt and the others that were contracted ie: Singer, Ithica, Signal and Switch etc.

rogertc1

Made in Spain. Not a bad gun but not an investment gun. They go from $300 to $400 used and if you go to sell it in 5 years you will get the same. All in all they work rather well even though the finish is not really the slick.est...say like a Les Bauer

michael t

Its a Llama not worth much. The new Firestorms are made in Phillipines By MetroArms You should be able to buy the deluxe for Around 400. The llama isn't all 1911 compatabile. The new Firestorm is + you will have a Warrenty
Merto Arms sells under name of Firestorm and American Classic . I have one of the First American Classic in USA and it has been a great pistol .
Get the new Firestorm and pass on the llama.
Ask about the new Firestorm /American Classic at http://bersatalk.com several members have one.

SpookBoy

But the one i was offered has the external extractor. And will it take the std.1911 mags? it is the somewhat older model,also are the grips interchangeable?he wants less than 300 for it, im just wanting to know if its worth it as a shooter, if not might just hold out for a ruger p95 or 85--------------------------------------- here is exactly what it looks like

my_firestorm_45.jpg

tacticalmedic

It will take regular mags but that is about it, grips are not interchangeable. I bought one of those a few years back for $125 and it shot fine. I did have a problem with the thumb safety but I was able to fix that pretty easy. For me it was a truck gun. I sold it to fund my AR purchase this past summer. I would not spend over $200 on it but that is my opinion.