Firearms training (and SWAT Mag?) on local news

David Park

Did anyone else see the "Commando Camp" ( :rolleyes: ) report on FOX 5 DC tonight? It showed police training at the International Security School in Florida. They interviewed a DC SWAT team member, and another guy who I believe was credited as from "SWAT Magazine" but I can't remember his name. Anybody know who it was?

The report was pretty decent, and mentioned the need for better training in the wake of 9/11. Better training for police is always good, although they implied that the aggressive police tactics used in Israel are perhaps not appropriate for the USA. Armed citizens were only mentioned in passing.

This report almost made up for the hit piece they did on security guards last week. It's not mentioned in the transcript, but the range where the FOX 5 intern trained was Shooter's Paradise in Woodbridge. I'm sure the range staff was overjoyed to learn they were part of a hidden-camera exposé. I just hope the FOX news-jockeys don't find out that open carry is legal in VA with no paperwork at all. :eek: :cool: