Firearms Accident seriously injures shooting celebrity...

Rob Pincus

I don't have all the details yet, but actor John DiSanti has at least temporarily lost the use of and all feeling in his hand after a Shotgun accident.
John is one of those actors whose name you may not recognize, but whose face you almost definitely would. More important to us, he is an ardent shooter and promoter of the shooting sports. He has participated in countless charity and competitive shotgun events and always does everything he can to make the events fun for everyone.
Johnny has attended the last four Irlene Mandrell Celebrity Shoots, which many of you know I run, and I can tell you that he is not only a blast to be around, he is one hell of a shooter. He has more competitive shotgun experience than just about anyone else I know and we have had him work with many of our celebrity guest that were new to shooting. Everyone at IMCS considers Johnny part of the family.

It seems that Johnny was shooting double caly targets and loaded his over & under, he was talking to someone around the shooting station and he looked down to check the chambers before he closed his gun... he noticed that there was only one shell. He loaded the other chamber, closed the gun and called for his targets. It seems that he had mistakenly dropped a 20 gauge shell into the barrel that he thought was empty. When he fired his shot, the back of his glun blew apart in his hand.
After reconstructive surgery, he still does not know how much of the use of his hand he will regain.

I will try to get more details as they are available.

Johnny has apparently already contacted Sporting Clays magazine and arranged to produce an "it happened to me" type article.

Keep Johnny in your thoughts and let this serve as an unfortunate reminder that we are all susceptible to accidents if our experience lets us think for one second that we need not be constantly vigilant in the basics of gun safety.

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
I guess his o/u was a 12? Coulda happened to anyone.

Address to send get well/best wishes card?

Last edited:

Correia

I hope he is alright. That's why I make sure all of my 20 guage is yellow and all of my 12 is red. He will be in my families prayers.