Fiocci ammo question

Hey guys, I just ordered a 500 round case of 170 grain fiocci fmj for target practice. Does anyone have any experience with fiocci? If so, is it good quality ammo? For the price of $80, it seemed like a good deal, I bought 40 caliber ammo. I also bought some Sellier and Bellot in 40, any opinions on that stuff?

joneb

I bought a 1000 rnds of Fiocchi from "Dan's Ammo" in 9x18 makarov , I've shot about 200 rnds and I am quite pleased. :D

stealthmode

i bought 100 rounds of hte 38 special and had a good time with them i have used about 500 rounds of .40 and they seemed a little hotter than the cci blazer that i normally use.

Petre

I shoot Fioochi 230gr FMJ most of the time for target practice. Has always worked fine for me ... not the most accurate and a little dirty , but works fine and it's cheap.

Waterengineer

Clay Ammo

My preferred ammo for killing clay is Fiocci 2-3/4", 12ga, #7-1/2 shells - Target loads.

I agree with the "little bit dirty part stated by Petre, above.

Sorry no experience with their rifle ammo.

GodblessAmerica

I'll weigh in on your last question about S&B ammunition. My experience in .38 and .357 calibers with range/target loads is that S&B is great stuff!!! Very accurate, very clean and no failure issues of any kind. To me, anyway, it feels just right in all of my various .38 and .357 revolvers. I like it so much that if I can find (and they make it) target loads in .45 ACP, I'll be punching a few thousand holes in paper targets with it before spring here in TN!:)

chris in va

We shot some clays at the range today. Half the spent shells wouldn't eject out of my Pardner 20ga, and one just had a dent in the primer, no discharge.

Turns out they were Fiocchi crap I had bought from a skeet range a few weeks prior. All my Remington shells worked fine.

stevelyn

We used Fiocchi as training ammo at an agency I used to work for.

Good stuff.......and a wee bit on the warm side.:D

fleshwound

I've probably shot 5000 rounds of Fiocci .40cal FMJ. NEVER had a problem, ever. I found it more accurate and reliable than most available range ammo..

Mosin44az

I have used Fiocchi in a number of calibers and it has been perfectly reliable. Seems to be loaded a bit "hotter" than some other brands--more recoil.

Mark54g

A BIT hotter? After shooting 100rds of their 9mm through my CZ 75B and then moving to Speer Gold Dots I felt like I was shooting clouds. Switching to my .22 was a totally odd sensation. I ended up with sore fingers from that stuff :).

I then shot another shooter's .40 and it felt REALLY light by comparison. They were shooting Winchester WB

grimjaw

I use Fiocchi 9x19 as practice ammo, and their 9x18 for practice and practical. It's a very good value. You can reload it or sell the brass (can't do that with some inexpensive brands), and it's loaded a bit hot.

jmm

fairview mick

chris in va RE: bad fiocchi

In trap shooting, Fiocchi is known as one of the best loads you can buy. If your shot gun didn't fire Fiocchi, I would check for slight damage to the firing pin or perhaps a hammer spring
Just a suggestion.
Mickey

KDEHS

Out of my XD 40, the fiocci 170 gr is the most accurate, consistent and clean 'range' ammunition ive used (above cci brass, american eagle, range reloads and another brand or two I can't remember).