Fiocchi Primers

Lurch37

Ran across some Fiocchi brand small pistol primers today. $8.95 per 100. Thought about buying a couple boxes but I've never used them before and wondered if anyone here has and what they thought?

Marco Califo

Fiocchi is good. I use their 12 g, 223 and other ammo. I would buy Fiocchi primers without hesitation. They also sell primers in 1500 item cases, price a little more than most 1,000's.

armoredman

Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix had them the other day, in 150 packs for $8.25. We bought as many as we could get, figured they are probably good to go.

JKP

I bought 6k of SPP. They seem so seat a little harder, not a big deal. The 100 I have shot so far all fired fine.

Shadow9mm

I bought 1500 of their small pistol primers. Every one has gone bang, no complaints. Kinda remind me of winchester primers fir some reason.

kmw1954

I was just inquiring about their Small Rifle Primers as I have been using CCI450 in a Savage in 223. The CCI 400 were showing Cratering around the primer and was told it is because the cups are soft in the 400's. So are the Fiocchi more like 400 or 450?

Mike / Tx

So are the Fiocchi more like 400 or 450?

I picked some up but really cannot give a fair comparison. I've use some to load for a precision AR but haven't use the CCI. So far no issues with light off, or accuracy. I have noted a couple had a faint dimple from the firing pin after chambering but no slam fires. My next quest is to run some through my Contender in 223AI and see if I can dial in a load for it.

I have gone through close to 10K in their SP without a hiccup, I know that's irrelevant but they worked well with 9, 38s, and 357s.

Shotgun Slim

Back when you could get 12,000 Fiocchi spp for $299 I did that several times and found them to be excellent primers. No problem buying them again.

markr6754

Add me to the fans of Fiocchi primers list. Just starting to see them appear again after some 3 years. Price is what it is. I still have 3 1/2 bricks of Fiocchi Small Rifle Magnums and one sleeve of Small Pistol. Kicking myself (as are we all) for buying so few just before the great disappearance. Had my finger hovering over that wooden case button. Now I'll have the privilege of paying nearly 3x the cost per primer; whch is still better than paying nothing for no primers.

RC20

LOL, any primers are better than no primers

I am able to pick up enough small primers to stay ahead of my shooting the 6.5 x 47, so happy with that.

I have plenty of Large rifle primers and I bought 8 lb just of my favorite powders while the buying was good and I am seeing some powder show up again.