Fiocchi Italy Quality

Pietro Beretta

Well I am down to my last 3 boxes of WWB Value 9mm, I bought these about 3 years back when they were 9.98 for 100 rounds.

I wish I would have kept my brass ::sigh::, Oh well

My question is anyone know the quality of Fiocchi Italy.

I know they have their USA location, to be honest im not sure if they import their ammo or make it in the states or both.

However does anyone have experience with Fiocchi Italy 9mm 130grain FMJ?

Just bought 1,000 rounds at ammoman.com, so I am wondering if anyone knows what I am in for. Is it equal to, better, worse the dirty WWB or Wolf?

B. Lahey

The Italian Fiocchi is just as good or better than the Fiocchi made over here. It's good stuff. I like it a little better than WWB, it's a little cleaner and is loaded a bit more potent from my experience. I have not tried the 130gr, but I would not hesitate to shoot it.

It's way way better than Wolf. Not even in the same league.

Silvanus

From my experience, Fiocchi is great (I guess mine was made in Italy) ammo. Never a single problem with it. I used about 3000 rounds of 115 grs 9mm and a couple of 100 rounds of .38 spl. and .357 mag. I also think it's loader a bit stronger than average.

scottaschultz

Fortunately for you, I have also had very good luck with that particular ammunition, but with all due respect, if I didn't know if a particular brand was any good, I would either:
a) Ask here (or on just about any handgun forum) BEFORE buying a large quantity, or
b) Buy 100-200 rounds and see if it works for you.

I recently used option b) and bought some PRVI Partizan 38 Special and now I know that I can buy more (assuming I can find it) with confidence.

Scott

MosinM38

Very good.

I've bought both Italian (Actually alot was made in Hungary), and US stuff and it seems good.

Accurate, and I am using the US-made XTP's for carry ammunition.

RWK

Over the years, I have shot a good deal of Fiocchi ammunition, principally manufactured in Hungry. It's good plinking and general target stuff, roughly on a par (in my opinion) with S&B, Winchester USA, Speer Brass Blazer, Federal American Eagle, and so forth.

Matt19

I am glad I found this thread. I have about 500 rounds of the stuff that I have never shot. Good to know.

5whiskey

It's good plinking and general target stuff, roughly on a par (in my opinion) with S&B, Winchester USA, Speer Brass Blazer, Federal American Eagle, and so forth

Not trying to pick a quarrel, as you have your experience and opinion so I'm not saying this is wrong. I will just say that in my experience, Fiocchi is slightly better than WinUSA, Blazer Brass, and American Eagle. Out of my AK, Fiocchi will group to around 2.5 moa... better than hornady!!!

Of course, to each their own... and I honestly haven't shot a whole lot of Fiocchi through pistols other than .32acp. It is fine ammo and MUCH MUCH MUCH hotter than American 32acp.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I would rank it as near the top of the list for practice ammunition. It's clean, loaded a bit hot and has been very accurate in my experience.

olyinaz

It's good but I've noticed that I rarely see it at bargain prices any longer which is a bummer. If I see any at good prices I buy it.

Regards,
Oly

Superhouse 15

I have had good luck with the 9mm, I even keep a bunch of it in my Uzi magazines stockpiled for SHTF purposes.

I had a customer blow up a Kel Tec .32 with a squib from a Fiocchi .32 JHP load. I had a squib from a different box of the same load. The other gunsmith I worked with was testing in wet newspaper and had a round of it from the same box so weak it bounced off of the denim layer covering the newspaper. Sent both lot #s to Fiocchi but never heard back. KT replaced the P32.

Pietro Beretta

a) Ask here (or on just about any handgun forum) BEFORE buying a large quantity, or

Yea.., for some reason I jumped on my purchase thinking it might sell out if I didnt buy it asap.

It was over the weekend, so if it did turn out to be carp I could have cancelled the order.

By no means was it the best deal, but I cant find any 9mm around here. I have been going to wal-mart every day for the passed 3 months. I keep seeing .40S&W WWB from time to time; however I just sold my .40 and have extra ammo for it!

madmag

It's clean, loaded a bit hot and has been very accurate in my experience.

Yes. I like the increased muzzle energy without going to +P. That's why I consider Fiocchi .45ACP FMJ good for SD in addition to target use. Now for my 9mm I stick with HP's.

Pietro Beretta

I dunno, sounds fishy to me!

What do you mean?:confused:

Seriously though, I purchased the ammo thinking: "I better get this now, it might not be their tomorrow"

So after I made the purchase I was a little worried about quality so I came to you guys for some input.

If it was carp (I like to say carp, not crap) I would have called ammoman and canceled the order, if it was too late to cancel I would have refused the shipment., and requested a refund. :eek: