Fiocchi .32ACP HP's - 1200 fps?

Grapeshot

Just curious, anybody chronographed these out of a P32? Fiocchi's web page says that their 60 gr. HP has a velocity of 1200 fps. I don't own a .32 (yet), but I'm thinking this can't be correct. If it is, it should be re-dubbed the ".32 Casull".

9x19

They chronoed at 954 out of my P-32, but that's still 100 fps faster than the Silvertips.

Keep in mind that in Europe, the .32 is a popular round, even in full size pistols with 4" barrels.

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

Laz

In their catalog Fiocchi claims 1200+ fps from a 3.5 inch barrel, not a two inch barrel. Hot little buggers, nonetheless.

------------------
Lazarus

Mike in VA

I donb't know how fast they comeout of my Tomcat, but they're snappy tobe sure. Unfortunately, they don't feed reliably in my 'cat, so I stick to Silvertips, Fed H/S, or Gold Dots. I just saw taht Corbon is offering a .32 +P, I think I'll give them a try.
M2

JackNKoch

Cor-Bon is claiming 1050fps for its 60gr. JHP load. Most figures from other manufacturers are 1000fps or less with that bullet weight even from a 4" barrel.

Big Al

Mike in VA,

where did you see the 32ACP Cor-Bon +P?

------------------
Glock 19
S&W 629 Classic
KelTec P32

"Oh yeah? Well I talk LOOOUDLY! And I carry a BIIIGGER stick! And I'll use it, too." -Yoesemite Sam

Mike in VA

Big Al - I saw it in the Aug/Sept Natchez Shooters Supply catalog, pg. 7 stock no. CB3260/20 $12.23/20. 1-800-251-7839. Haven't tried any yet. Take care, M2

Kentucky Rifle

Big Al,
I bought a box of the .32 Cor-Bon hollow points and they fed OK in my P-32. However, I was talking to Cliff (gunsmith at Kel-Tec), and he said that the much shorter Cor-Bon ammo might not be completely reliable in P-32's. I had called Kel-Tec to order a new steel guide rod for my pistol.
The .32 Cor-Bons won't feed at all in my Guardian. They just slam into the feed ramp and stop.
I've switched my Guardian carry load from Silvertip HP's to Fiocchi FMJ because the Fiocchis chamber so slickly in my pistol.

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

Solitar

Below is an e-mail response I just received from Fiocchi about their 32 ammo in the Kel-tec P32. I had asked them before I found or was referred to the GoldenLoki page in the post above. Nevertheless, it confirms the data in the above page.

Sir,
Our 32 JHP chrono's at 950 fps from my P-32. Our 73 FMJ's register 880 FPS from the same gun. I do not know if it is the most effective round in 32. I have not gel tested them yet but plan to in the future. Articles that I have read about other 32's often complain about the lack of expansion. Ours being the only semi-jacketed bullet that I am aware of may help that. My question is will it still penetrate during and after expansion, and to what depth. Please contact me in a few months and I will try to gel our 32's and all of our JHP's.
Troy Potter
Fiocchi

The muzzle energy thus works out to 120 and 126 ft lbs. This compares well to the GoldenLoki data in the link above.

RustyRP

anyone make a 4 inch "hunting barrel" for the P32 for those who insist on wringing out the most power possible?

maybe a long slide competition version?

it would still fit "in the box" I would think.

might be good for big rats or small cats or something.....

Solitar

Rusty,
For hunting big rats, small cats and city squirrels with a 4" barrel try instead the NAA MiniMaster in 22mag. Velocities are around 1200 fps with 40 grain or lighter. Muzzle energies are similar to the P32 with Fiocchi ammo - around 120 ft lbs. Though a P32 with a 4" hunting barrel would permit faster followup shots on fast moving gutter varmints. http://www.naaminis.com/bwmm.html

While you're at the NAA site, check out there gutter snipe sighting system on their .32acp. http://www.naaminis.com/pg1.html