Finnish Mosin M39 owners, what do you like about them?

p99guy

Well, I have the hots to get a M39 to go with my 91/30 sniper and M44 carbine..what do all of you that own them like about them over say a regular 91/30? Better sights? better barrel? smoother action? Give us the low down:)

benogil

Besides all of the rational and logical points- better barrel, better sights,better trigger, heavier spring - I have no way to tell you about their allure. Maybe it is the wood. Maybe it's the history.

p99guy

Well guys im sold, I ordered one from Pat Burns, a 1942 "B" Unissued, 100% blue, new bore, matching bolt and a real nice transitional stock in new condition that is very clean.

4148x1.jpg

4148x2.jpg

this one should start me out pretty good on M39 ownership :)

p99guy

Well we will get to see 'er on thursday......Thats fast, ordered it late sunday night, they sent it out ups on monday.:)
I have a Finn green leather sling on the way from another outfit..as there was no mention of comming with a sling

here is the other side
4148x5.jpg

4148x4.jpg

4148x3.jpg

4148x6.jpg

Last edited:

bingo46

That is one gorgeous rifle. These rifles are accurate, have a great trigger, comfortable to shoot. Truly the best Mosin ever built. You'll buy more.
Ask me how I know.

p99guy

thanks Bingo.....Ah yes the dreaded mosinitis cough cough-spend-money :) This will be the 5th mosin I have ever purchased....but by all accounts the most refined/perfected of the breed. Im looking forward to it....

Everybody feel free to throw some pic's of your Finnish mosins on here!

ya know I had looked at Pat Burns list of Finn Mosins for sale for years, countless beautiful examples of just about every variation....I really feel like kicking myself for not ever ordering one before (one, yeah right..ok, several) I know one day she is going to run out. As what she has is the inventory of a defunct wholesaler..finite number.

Last edited:

olyinaz

Sako M-39

Couldn't stand it any longer! Had to get one. :D

original.jpg

1895 Tula reciever (if I recall - I've not pulled the stock to check yet) and a 1941 Sako re-work.

The Finn stocks are much nicer than the Russian in my opinion and the trigger is simply stunning for a battle rifle. Can't wait to shoot it!

Cheers,
Oly

Last edited:

nhm90

I have a tiger stripe stock Sako M-39. It's by far my favorite Mosin. It feels well balanced, solid, and it's accurate!

Rmac58

Here's my VKT, with friends.

Attachments

• M 39 011.jpg
    M 39 011.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 54
  • M 39 009.jpg
    M 39 009.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 46
  • M 39 008.jpg
    M 39 008.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 44