Finn M39?

Hog Red

saw one at the local gunstore that they took in on trade. asking $259 and this thing looks like a brand new gun. all numbers were matching, no sling or bayonette. going to pick it up tomorrow unless i hear something negative from the experts here.

DrLaw

Yeah, the only negative thing is that you will be committing a robbery at that price. :eek:

The Doc is out now. :cool:

DrLaw

The Finns were pretty good about refurbishing their guns. You should have a good purchase there if it as you say it is. Forget about a bayonet or sling, you won't need one for the most part. They are accurate, the sights are better than the Russian M91's from which most 39's claim a heritage, and the stocks are fairly strong.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

ksstargazer

Great price on what is probably one of the most accurate surplus rifles out there. You can't beat a Finnish mosin. I have had 6 of these and everyone of them a 1.5 MOA or better shooter. I had to sell of 2 of them and I have regret it ever since.

GUNSNGOLD

yeah i still have 6 or 7 myself, i was opting for these instead of the run of the mill MN's, i was snagging them for just over $100 when i had my license.
heres a few

HPIM0030.jpg

HPIM0033.jpg

HPIM0010a.jpg