Finished my bench!

Jeeper

Well my last bench took about 80 hours to build while this one took about 12. It isnt as nice as the old one but I still have a ton of storage space. Here are some pics (No coments on the ceiling fan...It was a kids room:D)

TXbench1.jpg

TXbench2.jpg

TXbench4.jpg

TXbench3.jpg

C.R.Sam

Looks good.
I like the fan....Can put assorted bulbs in it and aim to suit.

Would think about static electric charges and that carpet tho. No black powder for sure.

Upright vacuum cleaner not good for gettin primers out of carpet, rough on the cleaner. Been there :D

Sam

Sisco

Nice!
My eighteen year old daughter keeps talking about moving out of the house. Although I woud be sad to see her leave, I can't get "Big Reloading Room" out of my mind!
This is what I'm working with now, a 4' long space in the laundry room, between the wall and the deep freeze.

Attachments

• loadbench1.jpg
    loadbench1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 338

HankB

Looks like you fit your equipment to the space available. Nicely done.

Suggest getting another rug or maybe one of those hard plastic things they sell at office supply stored to protect the rug under the bench, and especially under the press. Otherwise it will look like h*ll in a couple of years - indoor carpeting doesn't hold up well to oil, spent primer grit, and chairs with skinny legs.

Oh . . . you need LOTS more components - it's still too easy to close your closet door! ;)

john kilgore

I pity your poverty. My loading bench looked like that when I was a pauper in college. Now, I have a 12'-24' shop in the backyard just for the loading equipment, a desk in the computer room and another in the garage for working on/cleaning guns. Better luck in the future! Also, it is obvious your'e not loading/shooting enough. The benches are far too well organized and clean !!!!:D

HankL

I like the bench and I like the fan but as others have said "that carpet is going to be a problem."

Jeeper

I have had carpet under two of my other benchs and never found it to be that big of a hassle. I will probably put something under the bench anyway but if you pick up the primers by hand then you are usually OK

Kframe

I just thought of something...
I wonder if carpeting would ever be a problem with static?

A static shock from a finger prolly wouldn't do anything to powder (I think), but what if you zapped a primer?

Like I said, I don't really know.
I've always been relegated to the basement or garage so concrete is always under my feet.

Anyone know for sure?

-Kframe

Poodleshooter

Yes, it can be a problem, especially with black powder-hence the brass construction of most blackpowder tools. I'm not sure about primers. You could always wear a static "leash" similar to those used by computer assemblers.
Jeepers,beautiful work, but it strikes me that the room needs a colorful ceiling mobile to accompany the fan. Perhaps one made with shiny dangling dummy rounds? :p

Norm Lee

Bench is done, time for fun!

OK Jeeper:

No reason not to come out and shoot.

Hope to see you at PSC this weekend.

IPSC Sat
Pins Sun

Cheers,

Norm

Mal H

Staff
Man! You sure do things first class, Jeeper. Very nice. Of course nothing can match your previous "bench", that was a work of art.

I like the fan, BTW. Nothing wrong with a little color. One thing I am wondering about though are the shelves near the window. If your brass bins get as heavy as mine, that looks like a whole lot of weight on those shelves. Do you think it will ever be a problem?

Jeeper

I was thinking about that also when I was loading the shelves up. I dont think it should matter because they are into the studs. My heaviest ones are under the bench but I think I am OK. I just have too much brass

foghornl

Just don't shuffle accross the carpet in your wool socks while stroking the cat.....:eek:

If you are keeping the carpet, maybe dust it with that anti-stat spray every so often. And/or use those anti-stat wrist straps us computer hardware geeks use ;)

Mr. Wise N. Heimer comments aside, it is a great-looking bench. And i do like the "crayola" ceiling fan. Adds a splash of color :D

cowboy1

Mine

Just thought I would put ine out there. I built it all. Tight but it works ok for me. have to change loader from time to time.

Attachments

• mvc-030f.jpg
    mvc-030f.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 165