Finished My AR Build

Legumeofterror

I recently completed my rifle, now i just need to go shoot it! in the future I'm hoping to get a National Match trigger and sights for it, then a better barrel further down the road, as id really like to get into precision shooting with it.

IMG_0197.jpg

here it is relaxing with its friend from the Soviet Union.

IMG_0190.jpg

jpwilly

Nice photo. Mind telling us what parts you built it with? I'm not sure I've seen that huge white mark on a lower before...who's lower? Congrats hope it runs good!

DMK

Nice. Welcome to the addiction. The Black Rifle Disease spreads quickly.

I'm curious about the lower too. Got a better pic of the logo?

T.A.Sharps

How many components did you put it together from? Did it come under $1000?

I'm getting AR-fever, but I think I would only get one if I built it.

Legumeofterror

IMG_01801.jpg

its a Spikes Tactical lower. the logo is a spider or something. they are local here, and i met the owner. nice guy, sold it to me for $100. the rest is a Del-ton kit, just a basic 20 inch rifle until i can save up some more money. in total it cost me $640. i cant wait to shoot it, hopefully soon.

firechicken

Congrats on your build! Your first? It's nice to see someone build a standard service rifle instead of a carbine with a bunch of "tacti-cool" BS on it. Now get out there and fire that weapon!!

Here's a pic of mine:
100_2561.jpg

1SGT Harlin

Dont Tell Anybody

We need to keep this quite. Most folks thing that an AR built in someones garage with blow up!!!
You could probally sell yours and make enuff $$$$ to buy that match trigger you want on the next build

fourrobert13

Del-ton is a great company and they make awsome stuff IMO. Here is a pic of my lightweight A2 simple build using a Del-ton upper & lower. I agree with others here, the accessories are cool, but they can become to much:D.

Picture613.jpg

Legumeofterror

i wanted a full sized rifle. i don't have a use for a carbine, as i don't plan on clearing rooms. i was thinking about going to the next gun show with it and see what i can get, and then building another with the match trigger and maybe a better barrel.

Forwardassist

Very nice rifle. Del-ton uppers are very nice for the price point, great service too boot. I also have the same A4 upper from Del-ton, and love it. One thing if you put some gun oil on the stock it will make it black. Mine was also a grayish color. Anyway make sure your Ak, and AR are not separated in the safe or else they might start a fight. :p Their a bunch of trouble makers.

Te Anau

How difficult are these to really assemble when you get a Del-ton kit and a stripped lower? I haven't disassembled an M-16 in 20 years!:eek:

Legumeofterror

id never even feild stripped an AR, but it took me a little over an hour with a screw driver, punch, hammer, pliers and some masking tape. its not hard at all.

john paul

did the same thing on my kitchen table with instructions i printed off of ar15.com. you never realize how simple they are til you do it!

Willie D

I did a del-ton kit build last weekend and it was a breeze except the two hours spent hammering the trigger guard roll pin. It mushroomed, got stuck and broke my pin punch. I got it out, reshaped it and got it in with a generous puddle of 3 in 1.

I squeezed in the bolt stop pin with channel locks and it was no problem.

chunk

great looking rifle , i'm going to build one just like it. i just got a dti lower from del ton. i may just get the kit from them after seeing yours.