Finished Build

Stuohn

I posted a question not to long ago asking the quality differences between Springfield Armory Saint (free float) @ 900-950 and the Spikes Crusader @ 1300.00. Well I decided to build (2nd build) myself to get exactly what I wanted. Here is what I ended up with.

Spikes stripped "Spider" lower (color filled)
Spikes 6-position mil-spec buffer kit with T-2 Buffer
Spikes enhanced parts kit black
FailZero NiB BCM
Radical Firearms complete upper 16" 5.56 SOCOM midlength 1:7 with 15" M-Lok
8 X 30rd GEN2 P-Mags w/window
Battlelink Minimalist stock
Tacticon Flip-up Iron sights
Raptor type (Knock off) charging handle
Nikon P223 3X32 scope
Weaver 1" single attach point scope mount
Drago 1 Gun MSR case
Magpul Angled foregrip

So, including everything on list (even $8 entry fee for gun show) I'm at $1107.65.

Last edited:

10-96

Ain't it weird how those prices creep up so fast when you are putting one together taylor made to your own likes?

Get 'er on the range and let us know how it turns out!

JoeSixpack

How do you like the Radical Arms upper?
I see them a lot and they tend to use midlength gas on the 16's which I like but had a hard time finding any opinions on them quality wise.

Stuohn

I havent found anything I dont like about the upper. I researched the hell out of it before buying and thankfully I did. Primary arms had them for @ 279.00 but, since they're a Texas company. I would have had sales tax added. AIM surplusurplus had them for $209.99 but, sold out. Optics planet was $209.99 free shipping (received in about 2.5 weeks). I'm not sure if I could have found a melonite barreled upper with the 1:7 twist any cheaper. Quality is as good as Ive seen anywhere else. There were a few complaints that the barrels were not being secured properly. From what I understand people were changing out the flash hiders and the barrels (not being torqued correctly) were coming off. The answer I found was they melonite the barrels before attaching them making it a slicker surface (not sure Im buying that) . Regardless, Ive run 150 rds of 62gr ball ammo through and not one problem.

44caliberkid

I have Radical uppers in 5.56 and 458 SOCOM. About 2 years on the 5.56 and 8 months on the 458. No problems with either one. Both shoot under 1.5 inches at 100 yards. Never any kind of functional failure.

Stuohn

Picture

Ar%20Build.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• AR 2017.jpg
    AR 2017.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: