Finding a qualified lawyer for firearm case

vito

Thinking ahead, I know that if I ever have a legal (criminal?) problem related to firearm possession or use, I will need a good lawyer. I wonder how one goes about finding one? The yellow pages aren't really much help where there are dozens of attorneys claiming expertise in criminal defense law. I live in Rockford, IL, and hope someone out there can point me to someone reliable and qualified, or give me some idea of the direction to search in to find the right person. My plan is to pay for one session to establish a relationship, and then to have his/her number handy just in case I ever need the help of such a lawyer.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I thought the name on the website looked familiar. Sorry I didn't place it right away, David. :eek:

It's a good list. Something that other firearms-rights websites should do, IMO.

-Dave

gvf

Attorneys: Western NY

I'm glad for these postings. As a new CCW in Western NY (Buffalo area) I've been wanting to talk to a firearm-savy attorney BEFORE I start carrying. Anyone know of any in my area?

I'm going to take 3 to 6 months before I use the CCW to learn to shoot better, do research on SD and see if there are SD courses around though I doubt it, talk to cops I know for practical advice on avoiding situations alltogether and cues on how to handle incidents should they arise, and the third area is legal research and meeting with an attorney, for legal info as well as - God forbid - future reference. While I'd like to just start walking around with my gun, I think I'd better wait a few months and know what I'm doing in all areas and put the reins on any impatience. Too many lives including my own depend on this "walking with a piece" to take it lightly.

Last edited: