FINALLY! Some pics of my long-awaited custom Mauser in 280 Rem

2DaMtns

Well, I have been writing on here about a 280 Rem I had built on a Mauser 98 action. There have been more delays than I could have ever foreseen, but I finally have the rifle. The finish on the wood is not nearly as flashy as it looks in the pics.

Rifles001.jpg

Rifles002.jpg

Rifles003.jpg

I thought I would like the scope better. I liked it initially, but now that it is all put together and I've had some time to handle it and look at it, I am growing away from it. I saw this scope on another rifle in the shop and imagined it on mine and thought it would look OK, but I think I'll change it eventually.

Rifles004.jpg

Rifles005.jpg

I have swivel studs to put in it that match the rest of the metal. The endcap looks nice and uses some of my favorites species of wood - walnut, maple, and oak.

Rifles006.jpg

I like the looks and fit of it, and the builder shot 1.25" groups at 100 yds with factory ammo. I am looking forward to working up a couple loads for this thing and getting it just right. It's not going to win any competitions for accuracy, but it's not built for that and is plenty accurate for what I need it for.

It was a long wait, but I am satisfied to finally have it in my gun room, and can't wait to get it out to the range. Unfortunately, I am moving soon and it might be a while before I can get to the range.

So, tell me what you think...

N00b_Shooter

Wow, That is an EXTREMELY good looking rifle, i personally love the woodwork, your right about the scope though...there's just something about it :p

2DaMtns

I would like to take some credit, but I can't. Someone else built it for me. I had input on the options, but he did all the work.