Finally snagged one... PX4 SC

Cyanide971

There's been a disturbance in The Force! Saw this lil' fella on GB looking all sad and needing a good home... [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Couldn't let it slip by at the (low) asking price, and something tells me that I will probably shoot it and carry it more than my PX4 full size!

a49e4deb8e61b5c2472ade5514b7b8d2.jpg

Shadi Khalil

Congrats. It's always nice to have the full sized version of your carry gun. Because of its portly looking proportions, the looks of the PX4SC are very deceiving. The first time I held one I was surprised how well it fit my small hands. In which position do you plan on carrying it? I'm curious to know how it rides IWB.

Cyanide971

Congrats. It's always nice to have the full sized version of your carry gun. Because of its portly looking proportions, the looks of the PX4SC are very deceiving. The first time I held one I was surprised how well it fit my small hands. In which position do you plan on carrying it? I'm curious to know how it rides IWB.

Very deceiving indeed, as it melts into my hand and points naturally, almost like a bigger pistol (which is one reason I really like it).

Initially going to be between IWB 3 to 4 o'clock, but may try AIWB also. Will let ya know, but may be a while as I doubt my holster will arrive before I return to work

Bullrock

I just bought a PX4 Compact.:D The dealer I use had to special order it. I asked, why they didn't stock the PX4. He told me, there was no local interest in them. It seems as though everyone around here wants a striker fired semi to put in their pocket. You're right! Looks are deceiving! The Compact fits my hand almost perfectly, and being a old guy, I like a gun that feels, and shoots like a gun.

lifesizepotato

The full-size PX4 9mm is one of my favorite guns. I'd love to try out a subcompact some time to compare the rotating barrel with the tilting barrel.

franco45

I picked up a PX4 compact at a gun show recently. It is a joy to shoot and will become my nightstand gun soon. I don't see too many of them in my area either.

Whirlwind06

Congrats! I have both the full size and the SC as well. I have a set of stealth levers to put on both of them. I bought the SC used and found the the front sight was loose, I added a bit of locktite which should help my groupings a bit.

Cyanide971

Congrats! I have both the full size and the SC as well. I have a set of stealth levers to put on both of them. I bought the SC used and found the the front sight was loose, I added a bit of locktite which should help my groupings a bit.
Thanks everyone!

Whirlwind06, I am going to be acquiring the stealth levers to put on my SC as well, but my full size doesn't need it being a "D" model.

Going to have my local gunsmith drift the rear sight back to center on my SC, as it was noticeably positioned in the left side of the dovetail when I picked the pistol up, causing about a two to three inch difference in POA/POI at 7 yards. Also having him stipple the grip as he did on my full size, which made a noticeable and improved difference.

dd8a2a32c1b68026bf2d4fecd9645f3e.jpg

95ef8592cb79b27d41b2a195d1692d04.jpg

4ede4a861e9fdc6e14fc20f6c94f8825.jpg

Whirlwind06

Looks great! Have you tweeked the trigger pull at all? Folks over on the Beretta form have used the couger D spring and have also cut coils.

Cyanide971

Thanks! Tweaked trigger on which one? If referring to my full size, don't have to do any work as it is a "D" model, with a consistent 9.3# pull.

Other than stippling, I probably won't do anything to the subcompact, except get an extra magazine and put on the extended baseplates as I have on a couple of my full-size mags.

Then to decide if I ever want to complete the family and get the compact down the road....