Finally put my reservations aside...

Cyanide971

...and decided to see what all the hubbub was about HK pistols. That reservation being their outrageous asking prices. So with no love withheld for both my CZ 100 & PX4 D, I still find myself with minor gripes. The CZ 100 is actually my #1 EDC (for now), but I cannot get that little voice out of the back of my head that keeps reminding me it is no longer made, and with the exception of having an extra pistol or two, spare parts availability is limited and will continue to dwindle as the years go on.

Onto my Beretta, why can't they make the PX4 Compact (and Subcompact) DAO? I know the full size doesn't seem that much bigger than my other favorites (CZ 100, P-01, P-07), but to me it is noticeable and strangely enough, due to the OAL and not the height.

Moving on, after quietly doing a lot of research, I decided to seek out and if nothing else, dry fire the heck out of the HK LEM trigger. Low and behold I actually found a used USP Compact, and then a used P2000 (both V2 LEM) to play with, and turning to the Dark Side notwithstanding, by George I think that I can say I have finally found exactly what I have been looking for in a DAO, hammer-fired trigger system. To keep things fair I also messed around with a Sig DAK, and though equally as nice, I just do not like the way Sig's feel in my hand.

So, have already started locking down the three new additions to the family, and I feel like I'm almost stealing a couple of them due to their prices being so much lower than I'm used to seeing. Now to decide which of the current collection is going to face the chopping block. If y'all want to go ahead and cue up The Imperial March, go ahead, I'm ready to get flamed.

45b750ed8f45db49a112fbc988bc17ff.jpg

DannyB1954

Congratulations on your new acquisition. As far as the "perfect gun" , I am still keeping an eye open for mine. I have probably 2 dozen hand guns, and I still think there might be something better out there. Maybe it is an addiction?
Best wishes to you.

rt11002003

I took advantage of the H&K rebate program. Picked up the Mark 23, the USP 45 Tactical, and the USP 9mm Expert. Got sucked (?) in when I picked up a used USP 45 Expert on GB. I'm really a fan of the SIG MasterShop guns, but these H&Ks hold their own, except against the SIG X-6 L1.

I had owned a H&K p30s earlier in the year, loved the gun, hated the trigger. So, I sold it and swore off H&K. Then discovered the match triggers in some of their guns. I'm a new fan!

Uncle Malice

Congrats! I like the feel of the LEM trigger a lot, I just can't shoot as well with them.

You may want to consider one of the LEM HK's that can be converted back to DA/SA just in case you don't like as much as you think. That would be the USP or HK 45 platform. I'm a very big fan of the HK 45 Compact. You should really check that one out unless you're just totally against the 45acp.

In that case, I would recommend the USP Compact. It uses the same magazines as the P2000.

Cyanide971

Thanks y'all! Uncle Malice, I can't see the LEM not working out for me, especially since I love my CZ 100! Not against the .45 ACP, just committed to 9mm for all my pistols for now (got rid of the .40's a long time ago). If I get a .45 it would probably be the HK45C (LEM). Like how that combines the P2000 style grip with P30 slide, and keeps an appx 7" OAL.