FINALLY!One for the wall!!

onthedrums

I`ve hunted deer for many years here in NC.I`ve harvested several bucks but most were just scrubs.However, on Saturday I rode 2.5 hrs. to Ashe Co. in the mountains to hunt the evening on my bro-in-law`s lease.He seemed shocked that I would ride all that way "Just to hunt one evening".

Here`s why

IMG_0270_low%20res.jpg

IMG_0272_low%20res.jpg

3_low%20res.jpg

shortround60

Now that is a nice one

I just came out of the woods for a second day here in SC. No luck, but I may have to travel to higher elevation if I will get one like that. That is not envy coming off of this threat but pretty close to it.:D

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Duplicate threads merged.

Very nice buck, onthedrums. You look as proud as I was with my first buck, some years ago. It was also an eight-pointer, taken in Medina County, Texas Hill Country. Wish I'd had it mounted, but I just flat couldn't afford it. I have the rack on a plaque, though . . . .

Best,
Johnny

bean357

Very nice, onthedrums! :cool: Hope your mount turns out superb. Please post a pic when you get it back.
Last day of our muzzleloader season here, and it's snowing like a bugger...I'm hanging it up for this season. Gonna go after the coyotes that are impacting the deer pop.
Congrats~
Eileen

Iowa Cornfed

VERY nice!

How 'bout some details..., gun and round used, distance, shot placement, etc.

I bet you'll take that 2.5 hr drive next year too (IF YA GET ANOTHER INVITE!!!)