Finally, my P229 SAS Gen II

DBAR

I finally picked up my Sig P229 SAS Gen II in 357 today. I've had it on order since January, and today I got the call. So, there is hope for some of you like Uncle Malice, that are still waiting for your Sigs. I'm looking forward to getting to the range with it, but that be a couple of days. I'll take some better pictures of it someday, but here's a crappy "phone camera" picture.

P229SAS.jpg

DBAR

Last edited:

David the Gnome

I'm glad to see that Sig has switched to a studier foam in their cases. The foam and glue they used to use before was just terrible, I don't have a single Sig box that the foam hasn't come unglued and lets everything slide around.

Glad to see you finally got your SAS though. :D That's one of my favorite Sigs.

DBAR

I'm glad to see that Sig has switched to a studier foam in their cases. The foam and glue they used to use before was just terrible, I don't have a single Sig box that the foam hasn't come unglued and lets everything slide around.

Glad to see you finally got your SAS though. That's one of my favorite Sigs.

I was glad to see the new sturdier foam in the box as well. The glue on my other Sig box has given way too.

I took a look at your collection, and your due for a P229 David. Great collection non the less.

DBAR

DBAR

I took this baby to the range, and it ROCKS! I only got to put 100 rnds of WWB, and a few rnds of Buffalo Bore through it, but it was a great time. This handgun is one of the most accurate little guns I've ever owned. The ergonomics of this P229 fit me perfectly, and it being chambered in the 357 Sig is a great combination. There was no sharp recoil, not even with the Buffalo Bore stuff. The P229 manages the 357 Sig very well, and it was easier to rapid fire than any 40 cal I've owned. In fact, I find the felt recoil to be close to my P220 in .45 acp, but just a little snappier.

If you ever get a chance to shoot a P229 in 357 Sig, do it! I guarantee that you'll start trying to figure out how to buy one.

Some more Pics....

P229SAS5.jpg

P229SAS1.jpg

DBAR

Oldjarhead

Looks good

I have the same pistol you have, I got in Dec. 09, except mine is in .40 caliber. After your report, I think I need to buy a .357 Sig barrel to drop in, and try it out. Are you going to carry it? What kind of holster? I have a "Phantom" Kydex holster from Raven Concealment. Got it at www.themalabarfront.com.

DBAR

I have the same pistol you have, I got in Dec. 09, except mine is in .40 caliber. After your report, I think I need to buy a .357 Sig barrel to drop in, and try it out. Are you going to carry it? What kind of holster? I have a "Phantom" Kydex holster from Raven Concealment.

I'm carrying it everywhere I go. I'm just using the Uncle Mikes "soft" holster I was using for my Glock 36. I'm going to start looking for a good holster soon, but I kind of like the soft Uncle Mikes holster. I can't access the web site you have linked since I'm at work, but I will later tonight. The P229 is a bit heavier than the G36, so a good holster may be required.

DBAR

Uncle Malice

Man, that thing is really clean and slick. I may have to look into buying one of those...

Crap! I'm never going to have money again...

eagleninezero

IMHO, Sig does a kickass job on the SRT and dehorning. I love my wife's P239 SAS Gen 2 - it is a joy to shoot and carry.

Nice acquisition - well done.

wrt81

The P229 is a bit heavier than the G36, so a good holster may be required.

A good holster will definitely help and a good sturdy belt too. I have a 229 in 9mm and carry it often. With a good holster and belt it's not bad (ie, too heavy) at all.

DBAR

A good holster will definitely help and a good sturdy belt too. I have a 229 in 9mm and carry it often. With a good holster and belt it's not bad (ie, too heavy) at all.

I'm looking for a good holster. Which one are you using, and how do you like it?

DBAR

wrt81

I have the Comp-tac MTAC IWB holster. I really like it. I just ordered another one for my new HK P2000. I've also heard good things about the Crossbreed Supertuck, but haven't tried it myself.

For a belt, I ended up going with a Looper Law Enforcement belt. Their site is:

http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/looper-reinforced-holster-belt.html

I don't really hear them mentioned much on many gun forums, but I really like the belt so far. It has a piece of Kydex in the middle to make it very stable. I think it's a great value as it's only $45 compared to the $80 a lot of belts run. I think it took about 3-4 weeks to get it.

I also ended up getting a Wilderness Tactical (thewilderness.com) "Frequent Flyer" belt since it was also fairly inexpensive and they had them in stock so I received it quick. I got the reinforced "CSM" option for support. It works well also, but I tend to like the leather Looper one a bit better.