Finally got myself a 1911

Turbocharged

Not long ago I came to the conclusion that I needed a 1911. I have several HK's, a Sig, a Desert Eagle, a couple of .22 target pistols, and several rifles...but no 1911.

Well today that changes. I just picked up a STI Spartan off of gunbroker that should be at my FFL by Thursday or Friday. Very excited about this....should be a lot of fun and a good gun to build on top of without breaking the bank.

Mrgunsngear

Warning: 1911s are more addictive than crack. I thought I'd just buy one 'to have one' and 10 or so 1911s later here I am :D

The Spartan is a fine gun and it will leave you wanting more.

Patriot86

I have been thinking about getting a 1911 for a while but there are so damn many people who make them its hard to tell the good from the bad. STI looks like they have pretty good reviews, but for a fellow 1911 newbie how do they stack up against a SIG or Kimber 1911?

ammo.crafter

Yup, they are addictive.

They just seem to fit right in the hand and give you that feeling of power.

Enjoy your new toy.

HKFan9

Picking up a 1911 is like shaking hands with an old friend. Chances are this one wont be your last one. With newer and newer 1911's coming out.. in different calibers... I might not need to ever buy another platform again!.:D

ET.

I caught the 1911 bug last month. I ended up with a Springfield Range Officer. Then my wife wanted one she could handle, so I bought her a Taurus pt1911 in 9mm. She loves it as much as I love mine.

Now I wonder what took me so long. All of those "plastic guns" & only 2 1911s in the safe...

Spats McGee

Administrator
Congratulations, Turbocharged!

You need to be careful, because (as has already been mentioned) 1911s are addictive. There are lots of nice guns in this world, but there's nothing quite like shooting a nice 1911!

chuckles

Yes, they can be a bit addictive but if you already own at least one H&K, 1911 addiction is nothing compared to that little Germanic vice called H&K. Ask me how I know, (5 and still counting, H&Ks that is) Only 3 1911s......so far.:D

Turbocharged

Thanks...I know its going to be addicting, but as long as it is both fun and addicting, I don't have a problem with that.

HKFan9: That says a lot coming from someone with the name HKFan

ET.: The Range Officer is what I initially wanted, but finding the Spartan for $550 shipped was just too tempting...put the savings into magazines and ammo.

chuckles: I love my HK's. I have a USP .40, HK45, and P7 PSP. I know I will own more HK's in the future (really want an HK91 and a USC sometime down the road). I feel like I will end up the same...more HK's than 1911's, but I can't guarantee that.

HKFan9

While I love H&K... especially the design of the P7.... I shoot and carry a 1911 most of the time. My P7 gets carried once in awhile.:D

Turbocharged

todd51: That's why I went for the Spartan. It was originally between the Spartan, the RIA Match, the Springfield Range Officer, and the Desert Eagle 1911. The RO and DE were both more money that I wanted to spend, but still seemed liked solid pistols for the money. I was going to get an RIA Match and save a few dollars over the Spartan, but this deal fell in my lap.

All I know is that I wanted a beaver-tail safety, crisp trigger, fiber optic front sight, and a hand fit bushing/barrel. I feel the STI is going to be perfect for me.

KyJim

I have a Spartan 9mm and it is one of my favorite 1911s to shoot; and I have other 1911s that cost substantially more money. Congratulations!

so not addictive! i bought a full size, and before it arrived, i bought a 3in. after shooting both, i sold the full size and never bother with the 3in. i hate them both! i will never again buy a 1911. (full size kimber grand raptor 2, 3in colt defender)

broncobob

1911itist.

Let me say this,I have 1911itist,that means I carry one of six Kimbers two Colts,and A Smith and Wesson.My Daughter also carries A three inch Kimber.
so all in all, my openion,it's UnAmerican not ot own one,seeing that it fought well during WW II, Korea, Vietnam,the latter was the war in witch I served.so in closing,you could'nt have picked A better hand gun to keep by your side.