Finally got a SIG!

Eazyeach

My LGS had a sale on sig p227 FDE. $799. I couldn't pass it up. I've lived 38 yrs. without a sig. No more!! Wish I could post pics but my only Internet access is thru my phone and I can't figure out how to post pics. Does anyone have advice or know of any problems with this gun? Haven't had time to shoot it yet but it feels sweet when I fondle it.

Uncle Malice

Congrats! I'm a huge Sig fan boy and I'm really interested in the 227. I didn't realize they had FDE models out already. Definitely get some pics up when you can.

Not really any known issues. They're a pretty solid design. I've heard of a few issues with the extended 14rd mags, but they're new so might be still working some stuff out. The gun itself should be solid.

LockedBreech

I bought a P6 used last month, but today I got my first factory-new Sig, an SP2022 Stainless with night sights. It is lovely. Not quite P227 level but really sweet. Go Sig!

xboxhero

your gun should be good

your new gun should be good. i've only owned classic sigs. i owned 3 of them. they are easy to feild strip and never jammed and very accurate. i just had to change the grips to hogue grips.let me know if it jams.

gbclarkson

Love my sig

I have a P229 tuned by TJ Custom Gunworks. Unfortunately, it is the Ferrari in the garage now. I never shoot it.

rt11002003

Love SIGs

I just realized I own 5 SIGs: X-6 9mm, X-5 9mm, p232 .380, 1911 Target .45 and 1911 MAXM .45.:rolleyes:

The X pistols are the best of the bunch. I shoot the X-6 better than any other pistol I've ever fired, except for the S&W mentioned in my next comment. The SIGs are great pistols.

There are other super pistols besides SIG. My S&W Model 41 is super accurate and a smooth operating machine.:cool:

DA/SA Fan

Congrats on your new Sig! I've never been a Sig enthusiast, but they do have a bit of pull on my attention. I am a 10mm fan though and just might make a 1CM Sig my first when they start selling them.

redhologram

Congrats on your acquisition!! You will never be the same again! lol My husband says I'm a SigSnob.. No, I just know what I like! :D
I've got the p238, p938, the Ultra Compact 1911 and the full size STX 1911. I love them all and they each have their specific purpose in my life.

focodude

Congratulations! I've heard good things about the p227. I haven't shot a p227 yet but really enjoy my p226. Post some pics when you can.

Rinspeed

I have a serious love/hate relationship with Sigs. At one time 20+ years ago the 226 was the most reliable pistol made along with the 92 and 17/19. Sig decided along the way to instead of making six or eight really great pistols to make 25 of each model with many different variations.

Why anyone would buy a new pistol made today by any of the major manufacturers instead of going on gunbroker and buying a clean used pistol made in the 70s or 80s is way beyond me. :confused:

I got a chance last weekend to handle a couple classic S&W 9mm pistols made in the late 70s. Just my opinion but you would have to be on crack to think that there is any comparison at all.

Uncle Malice

I will happily put my 2012 P226 MK25 up against any other P226 model any category - fit, finish, durability, accuracy, trigger feel, etc.

Same thing with my 2013 P229. It has the BEST, smoothest trigger I've ever felt on any Sig right out of the box. Better than my old German vintage 226, better than my MK25 which has thousands of rounds through it, better than the early 90's 229 I had..

There were a couple of years there where Sigs QA certainly slipped. That seems to be rectified since they did some restructuring and getting moved to the new facility.

Pass me the crack pipe because I would take any one of my Sigs over a 70's vintage S&W any day.

My P229 was cherry from the moment I got it. Then, I put on the E2 grips and an SRT kit. Somehow, the purpose built murder machine went from light speed to plaid. I was amazed at how tightly wound the little bugger got. Amazing handgun. After an one-thousand-round-trigger-job, it just got better.