Finally got a Makarov

m&p45acp10+1

I was at a gunshow on Saturday and this little bugger jumped off of the table at me saying "take me home". :D I think I got an ok deal. $200 OTD with 500 rounds of ammo. All of the #s match. It is a 1970 Polish P-64 9x18mm Makarov. It has a #11 in an oval on the right side of the slide between the serial # and the year of MFG which is 1970.
Here are a few pics of it.
Picture30.jpg

Picture32.jpg

brian45auto

i have one too, and like it a good bit as well.
but it's not a makarov, the only thing mak about is the cartridge it fires.

m&p45acp10+1

Well it will serve the purpose I have for it. Which is to carry it in my back pocket as a BUG for my 45. It ate 400 rounds this weekend whithout a sigle problem, and is consitantly accurate. So it will do.

Deaf Smith

A friend of mine has one. Nice little gun. VERY hard DA pull but the SA pull is spookie!

We hope to shoot it next week at the outdoor range.

I understand a Walther PPK/PPKS 17 lb hammer spring, clipped a few coils, works wonders on the DA pull. We may try that.

If the DA pull is fixed I can see it as a real good backup or primary gun for those who don't want a more powerful and bigger one.

raftman

It's a nice little gun. Carried the P-64 myself, at times. It's accurate, reliable, and well-made. While strikingly similar to the PPK, quite alike in size and weight, it packs more of a punch comes at a fraction of the price. Good choice.

Texas Man

Deafsmith said it, i was too afraid to admit that DA ion makarovs is extremely hard to pull other than that, great guns, put 3500 rounds through mine, no problems . . .

raftman

pilpens, yes, firing pin block safety, also serves as a decocker and disables the trigger. You can rack the slide with the safety on, which allows you to chamber a round without cocking the gun, which is kinda nice.

bdb benzino

Very nice choice, congrats!! I was thinking about getting one of those for me to CC, since my wife has taken my E German Mak away and it stays with her.:D I have heard they are extremely well built, is that your oipinion as well? I hope it serves you well and I think you did extremely well with the price considering all the ammo you got!!I love the 9x18 round!

B. Lahey

I had one of those.

85lb DA trigger pull. 1.5lb SA trigger pull. Slaps your knuckles like a nun. I sold the insane thing.

But I'm glad you like yours.:)

raftman

Oh it's not THAT bad.

Then again, there's probably not a bad 9x18 pistol on the market here. My personal favorite is the Russian Makarov with double stack mag. Accurate, simple, reliable, quite comfortable to shoot (particularly with the Pearce grip), has a 12-rd mag double-stack mag, but still very concealable. Not much more that one can ask for.

B. Lahey

it's not THAT bad.

Mine was.

The DA was so gorilla, and the SA so miniscule, it would rarely lead to accidental double-taps. It would sorta bumpfire itself. And my meaty paws lead to my left hand being far too close to the muzzle whenever using a normal 2-handed hold.

Bangitybang! Ouch! The P64.:D

torpeau

Deafsmith said it, i was too afraid to admit that DA ion makarovs is extremely hard to pull

As someone has already pointed out, this is not a Makarov. Makarovs don't have a bad DA, but P-64s do. However, some of us leave the DA alone and think of it has a type of safety.

Doyle

That is my carry gun. The first one I had (that was stolen) carried an 18lb mainspring. It was perfect. The second one needed a 17lb spring to get the same DA pull. Luckily, springs are cheap and easy to replace.

I would also advise you to get the extra power recoil spring. It really helps tame the snap of the recoil when using civilian rounds (which tend to be a little hotter than the milspec stuff the eastern europeans were using).