Finally got a German PPK .380

Trooper Joe

Very excited about this PPK and have to share my story with you.

I just met with a gun guy friend of mine that I haven’t seen for 50 years. He knew I liked Walther PPK’s and offered to sell (give me/I have to give him more gun items to make this deal more fair/no I cannot say what I paid since I do not want to get arrested).

It is an unfired, 1968 .380 PPK made in Germany. Interarms had these neat right-side grips made in Germany to try and address that 1968-gun law. My limited research explained the deal on these and it seems to be an interesting story. I think it adds even more to the value of this gun since it was probably the absolute last German PPK to be imported into the USA in 1968. The left grip has the “Made in W Germany” on it as some of my other German PP series guns do.

LEFT ND RIGHT SIDE

RIGHT SIDE GRIP PANEL WITH INTERARMS INFORMATION ON IT

THE BOX IS ALL THERE COMPLETE WITH THE PROPER SERIAL NUMBER, OWNERS MANUAL, AND TEST TARGET

THE DULL MAG CAME WITH THE GUN (I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT IT IS CORRECT. THE NEW MAG IS PROBABLY NOT CORRECT FOR THIS VINTAGE PPK BUT IT WAS IN MY STASH SO I AM PUTTING IT TO WORK. I DID NOT GET THE STOCK, BROWN FINGER REST, MAG.

I BELIEVE THAT THE GUN IS TRULY AN UNFIRED SAMPLE

Thanks for letting me share my story with you. This will probably be one of my very few guns that will remain unfired.

Trooper Joe

Mulebuk Mojo

Wow, unfired at that. You got that right, don't ever shoot that little jewel that puppy is worth top dollar to the right collector. Auction that on Sotheby's not Gunbroker.

hub1home

I have had several PPK's and PPKs's made in Germany. I loved all of them. The last one that I had, I gave to my wife when we got divorced. She asked for one of my guns and I picked that one. Why didn't I pick a Charter Arms or a Ruger.

I would shoot the gun if I had your (OP) gun for sure.

burrhead

Wow, haven't seen one of those in decades. I bought one in .22LR forty or so years ago with box and docs for a small fortune Later, regrettably, sold it for a larger fortune. You did great. I've sold a lot of guns over the years and that was one I really wish I'd kept.

Forte S+W

Congratulations! I'm a big fan of the Walther PP Series myself, they're gorgeous pistols, extremely accurate too.

I actually carried a PPK/S for a few years, albeit mine was an American-Made model manufactured under license by Smith & Wesson.

attachment.php

I do have a German PPK/S chambered in .22LR, but it's one of fairly recent manufacturer (2013) and it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as yours.

highpower3006

I have pretty much the exact same gun, down to being unfired since it left the factory and still in the box. Mine came with two magazines, a finger extension magazine in the gun and a non extension mag in the box.

Walther_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_9610_Fotor-XL.jpg

Reloadron

Wife has a nice little Walther PPK chambered in .380 imported by Interarms during the early 90s. Hers is stainless and they are a nice little gun. Thinking back it was the gun I started her with and then moved up. It sits in the safe and it's likely been 25 years since it was fired.

Ron

44 AMP

Staff
Just to be clear, for those who don't know, the term "unfired" refers to the gun after it leaves the factory. All factory test firing is considered part of the manufacturing process and is not counted when a gun is classed as "unfired".

highpower3006

ironically, it's a really good little shooting pistol that is too valuable to shoot.

Right after I bought the PPK I pictured for $750 (which at the time I thought was all the money), I saw one less than 100 numbers apart from mine, actually sell on Gunbroker for $2450.

ammo.crafter

PPK

My daughter carries one in a belly band and simply loves the gun.

I have my father's PP from WW II in 32acp. You have no idea how thin a pistol can be until you carry a PP and/or PPK.

Congrats~

Lavan

I have the same one in 22. I ...had... the 380 but it was taken in the armed robbery of my coin shop.
:mad:

HisSoldier

You have no idea how thin a pistol can be until you carry a PP and/or PPK.

To stay with the Walther theme, my TPH is pretty darned thin! In many ways it's like a PPK.
I admit liking the PPK's and PPK I have a lot, and $700 is not a lot of money for a quality handgun, the billions or trillions of plastic guns shouldn't lower our standards, they are way overpriced IMO.