Finally got a 40 cal

KMAX

I went looking for a 40 cal today. I was sort of set on a Sig 2022 or FNX-40. I thought I might consider a M&P 40 or a XD-40. The only one I found was the M&P 40, with or without the manual safety for $529. Then my buddy with me wanted to stop in a pawn shop to look for ammo. I went in and there NIB was a FNS-40 for $480. I asked why so cheap and the guy said we just can't sell it. I went back after looking at a couple more shops and lunch and they finally sold it. I haven't shot it yet or even cleaned it for that matter, but will probably clean it after supper and shoot it tomorrow. I hope I did okay and don't regret it. I don't have much experience with 40 cal., only a Taurus PT740 which I didn't like because the gun was too small. I think I got a pretty good deal because Cabela's is asking $650 and Bud's is asking at least $525 (not sure because I couldn't find the exact gun). Anybody have the FNS-40? How is it?

DannyB1954

I just did a youtube search on it. It looks like you scored.
If you are unhappy with it, PM me and I will send you a pre paid shipping label, (to me of course).

As Hickock45 says, life is good.

Mystro

I had a FNX40 and FNS9 at the same time. The triggers were gritty and despite how much I worked them over, they were still gritty. They were reliable.

I wanted to like them but never warmed up to them.
Pair.jpg

Uncle Malice

I really want to try one. I liked the FNP 9 that I had. I've handles but not shot the FNX and my only thought was, "man, I wish they'd make this in a striker fired model".... Gonna have to give one a try.

Please share a range report once you get it out!

Ben Towe

I LOVE mine. Best trigger on a striker pistol that I've ever used. I think you'll really be pleased. And $480 is a steal!

LockedBreech

The FN pistols are solid guns. The FNS is their newest offering, I believe. I liked their original FNP enough to have a friend hang on to an FNP-9 for me to buy when I have the spare cash.

Last edited:

KMAX

Took the FNS-40 out this morning along with my 1911 and Hi Power. I ran 5 mags through the FNS, 3 mags through the 1911 and 4 mags through the Hi Power. I shot better with the FNS than with the Hi Power and almost as good as the 1911. I didn't take any photos or make any measurements because of no camera or measuring device, but I think I did pretty good with the FNS since I had never shot one before and had several years with the other two guns. I think I like it. Oh yes, it was 25 degrees out at my range this morning. Needless to say I had the range to myself. I went by the LGS after I left the range and saw the same gun I paid $480 for tagged at $699. I feel that I got an outstanding deal for once.:D:D:D

P.S. I didn't feel any grittiness in the trigger, but then maybe my finger is not as refined as other folks.:)