Finally Gonna Do It.

cslinger

I am going to go rent "The Boondock Saints" tonight. I have had so many people tell me I have to see this movie. I have been told it is a great gun movie, and I have been told it is a great dialogue movie in the Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs vain.

Well I like guns, I liked Pulp Fiction, I like Resevoir Dogs so I am finally going to find this movie and rent it.

Besides I want to know what the deal with the rope is. I feel so left out.

Chris

rock_jock

I was actually thinking of renting it too, until you mentioned that it was like Reservoir Dogs - one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I HATE Reservoir Dogs, and LOVED Pulp Fiction.

Those two movies don't seem to generate any in-between feelings. It's either love or hate.

Frohickey

I rented it the other day.

Overall enjoyable movie. Lots of unsafe gun handling though, if you are a stickler for that.

Pretty good dialog.

"You know what we need? We need some rope." :D

Justin

All three of those movies are good.
Don't expect any incredibly realistic gun handling in Boondock Saints, take it for what it is, a fun movie with some absolutely awesome dialogue.

Ceol Mhor

Boondock Saints is like Reservoir Dogs? Not IMO...I loved Boondock Saints, and thought that Reservoir Dogs was somewhere between average and crummy. There are some similarities, but the mood of the two movies is very different.

"This is just like bad television!" :D

Drjones

Boondock! Boondock!!!

Yay! One of my favorite movies of all time!

Pretty good gun scenes, but that isn't at all why I like it. Its the whole premise of the movie...every major city really SHOULD have a couple of Boondock Saints!!!

"You guys should be in every major city!"

No kidding, Rocco! :D

I'll post my absolute favorite passage from the movie (though the film is full of great passages, this is my fav.) I know you'll want to print this out after you see the movie...

Now you will receive us!
We do not ask for your poor or your hungry,
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt we claim
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath, we shall hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood,
‘Till it rains down from the skies.

Do not kill.

Do not rape.

Do not steal.

These are principals which every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions.
These are codes of behavior,
And those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil.
We urge you lesser forms of filth,
Not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption…
Into our domain.
For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three,
And on that day, you will reap it!
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

:D

Let us know what you think of it!!!

Parke1

Whew, I don't think I can ever say enough good things about BDS! I have no idea how I'm going to wait until the sequel comes out.

Trust us, if you haven't seen The Boondock Saints, SEE IT SOON! You'll love it.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teaming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E fili, E Spiritu Sancti."

-Parke1

cslinger

Kind of a bizzarre, deep movie.

I loved it. I love the "were gonna need some rope. Why? Charlie Bronson had rope."

Really is a great dialogue movie and I like the concept of you guys should be in every city.

I loved El Dulce, or whatever. Kind of surpised to see Monty Python alumni in this role.

The end speech was great. We don't want your poor etc.

I didn't really like the gay aspect of the Fed, but I loved him mocking the cops. "I think I'm gonna need a bagel too."

I think I need to watch it again to pick up some of the other lines etc.

I think Pulp Fiction was a better movie but the idea of the vigilante's being called Saints was great and the first 5 minutes of the movie was an awesome way to start it.

All in all thumbs up, but not a movie for everybody as it was kind of strange.

DaiBando

Well, you've prompted me to rent and possibly buy this movie. I'm a sucker for good dialogue and from what has been posted, it sounds like a keeper.

I half suspect that this movie will take on a cult status and fully suspect that the liberals will whine and wring their hands over it. I still remember the effect Bronson's first "Death Wish" had on them, and it's contiuning popularity.

Drjones

DaiBando:

I bought my copy from amazon.com IIRC, it was only like $11.00 or so for the DVD, and a few bucks for shipping.

When you figure its at least 4-5 bucks to rent, you may as well buy it.