Finally found Bob!!!

std7mag

Went to Clearfield to Grices yesterday. Took 2 friends. One was looking for a pistol that he did buy. The other didn't realize that he was looking for a 22 bolt rifle, but appearantly he was. lol
They were trying to talk me into buying several different pistols. But I withheld, I was looking for primers.
Stopped at Belding & Mull in Phillipsburg. They were trying to talk me into yet another pistol, when on the rack I saw it.
Ruger 77 in 257 Roberts.
Only thing I saw bad with it was some scratches on the bottom metal. Easy fix!!
Due to finances I had to put it on lay-away. So I haven't brought it home yet. But soon!!! :D

gman3

Hope you didn't find the one that my brother and I tried to get to be useful for something besides placing bets on where the next shot would hit. That was sort of fun for a while.

It was an older tang safety 77 lightweight with the black forearm tip.

You aren't that far away, and we are aware that it has changed hands a number of times. Hope you didn't find that one.

eastbank

STD7MAG, a friend and i run that path at the gun shops about twice a month weather permiting. we like millers near zion, we have gotten some good buys on these trips. eastbank.

tahoe2

77/257 Roberts

The only one I ever shot was a tang safety, red pad, Ruger that would shoot cloverleafs all day long @ 100, with factory ammo. Congrats on your acquisition !! Pics when she arrives :D

tdoyka

lucky, you are lucky.:D:D:D

wish i would have one. :D:D

i want my to be a tc encore with a 24" mgm haevy barrel. but poeople keep interupting me with the 444 marlin, 45-70, 30-40 krag......:D

std7mag

Sureshot,
I have really been liking the Redfield Revenge series of scopes. Enough that I bought 2. I'm thinking for the Ruger however that I'm gonna pop for an actual Leupold. :D

Gman3,
This one doesn't have a black forearm tip. The only markings I see on it are that the floorplate is scratched to heck and back. Can't figure out what did it like that.:confused:

Eastbank,
Shoot me a PM sometime when your going, Maybe we could meet and compare notes. Thinking when the taxes come in I may end up getting a Canik55 PT9.

And pics will arrive as soon as I pick up. Will probably end up playing with the budget a little and see if I can pick up Saturday. :rolleyes:

Tony Z

A 77 in .257? Been wanting a .257 for years, just because! I have a Ruger 77 in .250-3000, think its called Ultralight. Sweet shooting gun, with a 4X Burris on it. Bought new about 30 years ago.

Since Grice's and Bob's are only 18 miles away, I get there fairly often and will be passing through on 322 tomorrow. a .17HMR will come home with me, if I have time to make a stop. If not, it will be the next time.

West of Clearfield in Punxsutawney, PA, there are also a couple of shops worth stopping at: Mahoning Milling in town and Rugh Farm Supply outside of town. Rugh has good prices on Henry's and Mahoning seems to have a good supply of CZ's on the shelf (as does Bob's in Clearfield).

Never been to Belding & Mull, though I know one of the original owners from many decades ago (though I haven't seen him for nearly a year and hope he still on this side!). Great guy and great stories. Says he still has several boxes full of the B & M powder measure castings.

std7mag

For firearms B&M is really reasonable. As far as powder and bullets, a little expensive.
B&M is where I picked up my Springfield Armory Champion for $300. I think they forgot the 1 in front of it.. ;)

Tony Z

Passed through Clearfield & Phillipsburg yesterday-no time for B & M, but I did stop at Grice's and pick up the thumb hole .17HMR Savage. Decided on a Prostaff 4 - 12 scope, and should be just fine for an intro into the tiny .17.

Roads were bad, so there was hardly anyone in the store. Had a chance to look over so other guns-quite a few CZ's and Henry's in stock (all calibers). A .223 CZ, with Mannlicher stock is really calling me (on of the other guns I've been considering is a CZ .22 long rifle with the full length stock. Something just calls out classic about these guns, particularly with a peep sight.

Plenty of rimfire ammo on the shelves, as well as powder and primers. I would say anyone within a hundred miles of this area would do well to take a drive to the numerous gun shops located there. Those of us who have grown up in the area (I'm 62) are spoiled with what we have available!

alancac98

I live in Clearfield and visit there quite often to buy reloading components. Picked up a Springfield XDS in .45 ACP with 3 extra 7 round mags for $379 back in August. My two oldest grandchildren already have their .22's picked out - they love going and looking/holding guns. They want to take everyone of them home with them, lol.

Tony Z

Those of us in the Clearfield County area have it better than most others throughout the entire US. I would wager our local selection (and price) of firearms, ammo, components and the many other requisite items for our sport tops all others.

I do think a .223 CZ with Mannlicher stock will be my next long gun. Just can't get the one I saw at Grice's yesterday out of my mind. Might be a bit contrary to not put a scope on a gun like that, but the full length stock just seems to beg for a peep sight.

SPEMack618

So, more than a little jealous.

Love the Ruger 77. And the .257 Roberts, which we affectionately refer to as Bob is my favorite of the 6mms.

Hope you enjoy it.

std7mag

Well, the g/f and I went to pick Bob up today.
Got it home, took apart and cleaned don't know how many years worth of gak out of it!! Chamber, and barrel were spotless though. :rolleyes:
Took scope off of the Rem Mag and mounted onto the Ruger. Redfield Revenge 4-12x42 with Varmint Accu-Ranger.

The other day I traded some old wheel weights (2 buckets worth, I work at a tire shop) for a box of Hornady ammo. 117gr. SSt's.:cool:

Tomorrow, it's the range to sight in and get a feel for it!!!

Will be at Bellwood Sportsmans Club probably around noonish... If you see a red Neon pull up, that's me... :D

std7mag

And pictures... Hopefully...

Took a couple of pics. Shows touch screen monitor on reloading bench set up too.

Now if only I was computer literate enough to know how to load the freak'n pictures onto here!!!! :mad: