(Finally)..first outing with EAA 10mm compact...

Rob Pincus

Okay, I finally got access to some land to do some shooting on. I used to wonder how people could say "I bought a ***** a few weeks ago, but haven't shot it yet.".... I've had the compact for over a month!

Anyway, the little thing is awesome. I bought a full size last year and have had a lot of success with it, and the Compact is no different.

It was accurate, realible and easy to shoot.

It takes the full size mags, although no capacity is gained (thanks to the '94 limit).

Only complaint is the same as the big brother: Sights Suck, and they are way too tall & sharp edged. I never bothered to change the Full size sights, but I could see myself wanting to carry the compact, which means a good set of low-profile sights are in order.

If anyone has experience with aftermarket sights for these guns, please share.

WESHOOT2

Have a deep desire for another 10mm, own 3 Witness frames now, love 'em, would you recommend the full-size 10mm?

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Mik

i personally would recommend the 10mm. i have a friend that is a .45ACP fan and when he tried my Witness 10mm, he just grinned and said, "i have to have one". :D hehehe

mine shoots great, but the only thing is the very vigorous case ejection. throws brass a fiar distance. i think changing the spring to a heavier weight would be prudent too.

------------------
Mik

<A HREF="http://"http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html"" TARGET=_blank>my 10mm page</A>

Rob Pincus

Personally, from what I have experienced with the compact, I would recomend it over the full size. It is not so small that you can't get a full grip, and you don't lose any capacity. The steel frame still gives enough resistance to recoil and if you decide to carry it, it would be much easier to conceal.

WESHOOT2

Thanks.

If I buy one it'll be the BIG one, 'cause I ain'ta scared 'a carrying big iron (you might find me with a 5.5" Redhawk on my belt).

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

BigMike

Rob,
What is the loss of velocity in the compact? Best guess or chrono?? I have decided to make my next purchase a Witness 10mm but have not decided on the full size or compact. I currrently carry my Beretta 92 Brigadier for ccw, so size/weight is not a problem for me...thanks...mike