Finally fell in!

SundownRider

After a whole lot of hemming and hawing, I finally went and started my first AR! I bought a S&W M&P15 stripped lower from my local shop ($160), and am now looking at various kits and such to "make it mine" as it were. I don't have a place nearby to shoot it, and likely will only pull it out once in a while, but I just couldn't resist the pull any longer.

Far cry from my CAS days, but here we are.

zoomie

Welcome to another addiction. :)

What caliber? What style? M4? Varmint? SBR? Long range scope? Aimpoint? Lightweight? Long bull barrel and PRS stock? C'mon, what ya gonna do with it? :p

RT

Welcome to BRD (black rifle disease); a very expensive addiction.
Now go buy a load of PMags.

SundownRider

Right now I am swimming in the sea of possibilities, entertaining notions of 458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster. However, reality will likely be a .223, with a 20 or 24" barrel, flat top receiver, quad rail forend, and adjustable stock. But that can change, too.;)

Evyl Robot

May the Lord have mercy on your soul and wallet! I'm thinking that I'd like to get a good rimfire upper and mags for mine, but I've got to recover from tax season first! :eek:

--Michael

Last edited:

zoomie

However, reality will likely be a .223, with a 20 or 24" barrel, flat top receiver, quad rail forend, and adjustable stock. But that can change, too.
With such a long barrel, you might find the rifle too front-heavy if you go with the standard collapsible stock. MagPul has their PRS or UBR that might offset the front weight. They're both heavier than a M4-style stock and the UBR is collapsible.

SundownRider

With such a long barrel, you might find the rifle too front-heavy if you go with the standard collapsible stock. MagPul has their PRS or UBR that might offset the front weight. They're both heavier than a M4-style stock and the UBR is collapsible

This is why I come here. Good advice and I haven't even started yet!:D