Finally bought a Henry lever action!

chris in va

Wohoo! I've been looking at them for years, finally sprung for a used one at the LGS.

You guys aren't kidding, this thing is SMOOTH. It practically racks itself. It is now my go-to plinker for making tin cans dance at the range.

I'd show a pic, but we all know what they look like. Standard H001 or whatever the model is.

joegator

Been thinking about getting one. Glad to hear about the great reviews. I bought an Ithaca saddlegun when I was 16. It has been a great shooting and extremely smooth lever action.

I've looked at the new Henrys and they appear to be the exact same gun. If it is the same it's a great rifle and I would buy the new version.

giaquir

I have a golden boy 22 and it is awesome.
It levers smooth. I installed a marbles
tang site on it but haven't had a chance
to really get into it yet.

Bamashooter

my henry is silky smooth and very very accurate. one of my favorite rifles. the wood on mine is nice also. congrats on a good choice. you will enjoy that rifle for years to come.

aarondhgraham

I sold my Henry real fast,,,

I bought a new H001 about a year ago,,,
It too had that incredibly smooth action everyone talks about.

It fed shorts and some old longs I had laying around,,,
And long rifles with equal reliability.

But for me it was the biggest ammo waster ever built,,,
Jacking the action on that dang thing was so danged much fun,,,
I was just shooting real fast 'cause it was fun and not aiming at all.

So I peddled it and bought a Henry Accu-Bolt single shot instead.

That was one fun gun,,,
The person I sold it to has the same problem,,,
He said he and his on went through a bulk pack in that first afternoon.

Very nice gun,,,
Just didn't fit my style.

bamaranger

.22 mag

Despite the cost of ammo, I want one in .22 mag, as a side kick for a Ruger Single 6 also so chambered. Problem is, I cannot find a .22mag in used condition for sale. Lots of chances at new ones.

chris in va

I've put about 500 rounds through it now, and it simply refuses to jam in any way. The only time it didn't feed was when I short stroked it, completely my fault.

I've had a few guns and this one is definitely tops in the fun department. If you just want to go make cans dance, no need for a centerfire rifle (like my AK). I'm highly impressed with it's qualities...fairly light, decent accuracy, quick handling, slick action, inexpensive price. Oh and cheap to shoot.:p

hootey

Congrads on a great purchase. Henry's are outstanding weapons. Hope you enjoy it for years:)............Hootey