Finally bought a Glock 19

Fox84

I'am a hater from way back.
I bought a coyote tan Gen 4 from CDNN with a extra threaded barrel $589. Maybe with the removable backstraps I can get a grip I like.

I'am just looking for a proven battle pistol. Hope this works out.

LineStretcher

Bought a 43 a couple of months ago and was waiting for a 45 to come in. It came in today and I picked it up. It's basically a 19x in black and without the lanyard hole. If it shoots like the 43, I'll be a happy camper.

AK103K

I was a hater once myself. Now I have something like 15 or 16 of them. :D

I have a couple of 19's. They are actually my least favorites of the Glocks, just because I find their grip is a bit cramped. Nothing wrong with them, just a personal thing. I just prefer the 17 and 26.

I think youre going to find if you give them a good try, and learn that all the negatives your so often told to expect, like the grip angle thing, are all BS, they will suddenly begin to multiply, and your other "favorites" start to get neglected. :)

LineStretcher

One of the things I like about them is that they like to run almost dry and never really get fouled and dirty. I clean them but when it comes to oil it's done very sparingly or I use a dry lube. I have never had one jamb and I can't say that for my Sig's and Kimbers. I'm taking some tactical training courses at Front Sight in the spring and my Kimber Custom II was going to be my primary but now it's going to be my backup.

lunger

I won't say I was a hater, but for most of my life it was blued steel and wood. But even old dogs like me can learn a new trick.

Once I got past the looks and actually shot one, I was a convert. Now my EDC is a 43 or a 23.

USNRet93

Came back to handguns to a Ruger LC-9 and S&W 642, shot a friends SIG and CZ..all were 'OK'..then son let me shoot his G43 and G17...Now, just got my own G17, and have a G19 and G42(for carry..gooned up wrist)..shot the G17 for the first time yesterday and yup, I am an admitted Glock FanBoy..so simple, accurate, reliable..YMMV and all that...

I wonder how many people who went from wood and steel (aluminum) to Glock without stopping at other polymer hammer-fired pistols first? Or did they and not grow convinced?

Like a USP, P2000, PX4, SP2022, etc.

*stares at Glock 19 in bag*

*stares at Glock 43 in cart at Bud's*

mr bolo

I got tired of buying old school unreliable 9mm pistols that were finicky or always malfunctioned

when I bought a Glock I could feel right away these things were super reliable right out of the box, every gun owner should have at least one.

the grip / trigger pull feels a lot different than the old school steel pistols, but you get used to it.

Last edited:
I got tired of buying old school unreliable 9mm pistols that were finicky or always malfunctioned

The only one that comes to mind is the Browning High Power.

3rd Gen Smiths are good to go, SIG Sauer classic P-Series are good to go... Which ones were iffy?

mr bolo

a few of the old school 9mm pistols with problems

Egyptian HELWAN , the safety would engage while firing, mag release would work itself loose from recoil

WW2 German P38 , first time I test fired , it jammed, and sometime it would fire all rds with one pull of the trigger, had to take it back to gun store and they had it fixed

slide cracked all the way through, ruining an all matching pistol, using standard factory ammo. (yes I had new recoil springs)

a GLOCK is a much better choice if you plan to actually use it for HD or carry piece

My High Power disagrees with your High Power. Carousel tiiiiiiime! LOL.

Oh my.... Well I wouldn't have expected those to work right out of the gate, bolo. Yeah, Glock is fine. But so are HK USP and SIG P-Series (older). :p

mr bolo

something I noticed about my Glocks, after firing 1000 + rds the gun shows no wear, almost like new?

compared to some others that show wear much sooner, i noticed CZ pistols in the display case already have finish wear just from people handling it , the barrels show wear and havent even left the store yet.

TunnelRat

My High Power disagrees with your High Power. Carousel tiiiiiiime! LOL.

Oh my.... Well I wouldn't have expected those to work right out of the gate, bolo. Yeah, Glock is fine. But so are HK USP and SIG P-Series (older). :p
Fair point. I find the later Mk IIIs are pretty reliable, even with JHPs. Now I still carry a Glock, but I've been impressed with how solid the Hi Power performs for the age of the design.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mine is reliable as can be with ball ammo. I don't know why it won't take JHPs. I've polished the feed ramp and everything. But it's alright, TBH. It was made in a time where JHPs weren't as prominent.

I've been itching a bit for my Glock 19 to make its way into my waistband again, but the USP 9 Compact is just soooo good.

gnystrom

Always liked the looks but could never get the G19 I owned to shoot where I was aiming. At 30' I was consistently center left a couple of inches. I bought a grip Force Adapter which changes the angle a bit and I improved but I sold the gun.

Then, a few minutes ago I stumbled across this video which may really apply to the Glock and their unique grip angle.

I hope it helps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVYu3koF4o