Finally Bought A 17 HMR

wolverine350

well i finally broke down and bought me a 17 HMR, it is the Savage 93R17 with camo stock and the accu trigger, havent shot it yet but bought a box of Federal V shok 17 grain V-Max poly tips to start with:D

wolverine350

Well after starting the thread "thinking about a 17 how do you like yours" i got enough i:D nfo to finally break down and buy it. it should be a blast

mrawesome22

Sounds like you're right on track. I just didn't want to see you posting on here in a couple weeks "I am planning on going Elk hunting in the near future. Do you all think my 17HMR will be enough fire power?" LOL Limb rats. I call them tree rats. LOL Or rats with a big fluffy tail. Vermin.

USNairman

Congrats man - your gonna love that HMR.
I have had the most accuracy with the Hornady 17 grain V-max. If I am shooting some bigger critters then I like 20gr CCI Gamepoints

wolverine350

Well took my Savage out this morning for a test drive and shot 30 rounds thru it, the accu trigger makes it very nice, and it does group very well, i only had a 50 yard range but it sure was doin its job, and it can be addicting for sure, for sure:D