Finally aquired the GP-100

Just got her home and give her a good cleaning and photo shoot! :D
I hope to get it to the range tomorrow.

gp100web.jpg

Kreyzhorse

Congrats. Very nice gun. Check out lettgrips.com if you look to change out the rosewood inserts. I bought a set of zebrawood inserts for my SP and it's a world of difference.

Last edited:

BikerRN

Congrats on a good one! :D

Shoot her well, shoot her often and never draw in anger is my wish for you.

Biker

rugernut

got one also and i sure do like it, like that other ole boy said, take care of it and your gran children or great grand children will surely enjoy iy. have fun.

Thanks for all the kudo's. With the way this heavy duty beast is built, I'm sure it will out live me and a few generations to come. The sheer weight of it makes it a joy to shoot, even heavy 357 loads. Certainly a keeper that will never leave it's home. :)

2ndamd

Congratulations. You have a great new firearm that will last you and your children the rest of you lives.

In that picture it looks very clean and shiney. Nice job. Now ya have to get it dirty again. Got to love shooting.

JWT

Great gun!

I put Hogue wood grips on mine and like it even better (kept the original ones to I can switch back if I ever want to).

Built like a tank and will last forever.

I put Hogue wood Pau Ferro grips on my S&W 686. They certainly do look great but I haven't quite figured out what I'm gonna do with this Ruger. I may just put some different grip panel inserts in this one.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I just tryed to goto lettgrips.com but their site is currently down for maintenance.
I thought I heard someone say they had gone out of business... But part of their website is still up. Odd.

YounGun24

after posting a thread on which 357mag to go for, i've decided on the gp-100 as well. I had planned on the blues finish, but after seeing yours, I'm rethinking my decision. happy shooting. I'll try to post pics of mine when I get it.

I think with either finish you can't go wrong. I just prefer the stainless for when I clean the gun. I don't have to be so careful with and where I use a cleaing solvent as you do with a blued gun. Although the blued revolvers have their own right and placed and are beautiful.

Sweet polish job on that Ruger fisherman66. I've been thinking of doing that to mine but haven't quite talked myself into it yet. Probably a good project on a cold snowy day this winter.