Finally: 9mm Bond Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewie146

Ok, so I have posted a couple times with curiosity about Bond Arms derringers. I finally was able to purchase my 9mm Bond Arms Texas Defender after saving some money for quite some time. I won a bet with my wife regarding the sex of the baby, and whoever won could get something $600 or under from the FTHB tax credit refund. Well, she was nice enough to let me get it anyway, cause that still ain't here. Ugh.

On the other hand, it's better than I thought it would be. The stainless steel construction is something I love to see. The rosewood grips are a good feel, and it's a blast to shoot. The target you see here was comprised of a handful of different kinds of ammunition, including S&B RangeSafe 115 gr., Brown Bear 115 gr., Remington LeadLess UMC 147 gr., and Federal HST 124 gr. +P. It was done at a paced off 10 yards. By the end of the day, I had put over 100 rounds through the thing just plinking. It's a great time.

Here are some size comparisons between a bobbed hammer 642 PowerPort with boot grips and a Ruger Blackhawk with a 3.75" barrel.

The trigger guard was removed for these photos, but I found that the gun was more manageable with the optional trigger guard attached.

chewie146

If you do go that route, I'd get a 9mm first, then get the .45/.410 factory second barrels from Bond Arms. You can get the 4.25" for 80 or 90, the 3" for 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.