Figured out my error in tech w/ my Glock 22

Peter Gun

I really like glocks. I like the fact that they are designed w/ no aesthetic consideration whatsoever, just to shoot. However, I have found the trigger difficult to master. My grouping is very inconsistent and I had a tendency to shoot low and left. Well, I think I figured out why and maybe this will help other newer glock shooter, especially those w/ small hands.
I found that I was gripping the gun in the wrong place. I had put the backstrap in the center of my palm and then end of my finger on the trigger. The gun does not point naturally like this. In fact it points a little low and left (imagine that)! Therefore, I moved my hand around the grip towards the trigger. Now the heel of my palm fits above the swell in the backstrap and the trigger hits my finger between the first and second joint. It's much easier to squeeze the trigger instead of slapping it this way.
At first I though this might not be a "natural" way to grip, meaning that I would have to conciously adj my grip everytime I picked up the gun. But after I found the right grip, my hand goes right to that spot every time. I still have some flinching issues to work out, but at least my shots fall on the centerline now!