Fieldstripping a Kahr K9?

almark

I borrowed my aunt's Kahr K-9 and I'm now trying to clean it... got the manual and everything and the process seems straightforward... I cannot, for the life of me, get the slide lock pin out of the gun! I pulled the slide partly back, pushed with my finger, pushed with a screwdriver handle, tapped with a screwdriver handle, beat with a screwdriver handle... is there something I'm missing here? The pin doesn't budge at all... are Kahrs just always this tight at first? Anyone else have this problem?

Dfariswheel

You HAVE to have the slide lined up JUST right, and at least until the gun is broken in better, you will have to give the pin a tap with a screwdriver handle.

Note that I said "Tap". NOT hammer it.

Nail Shooter

Read the manual again. Do EXACTLY as the instructions say, it should come apart. There is a witness mark on the frame, and one on the slide. These need to be lined up before you push on the pin. :)

NS

almark

Thanks guys! Y'all weren't kidding about holding it in just the right position... a sixteenth of an inch and an extra pair of hands made all the difference. :)