Fiber Optic sights Ruger Blackhawk

Noreaster

Anyone have a fiber optic sight set for Ruger Blackhawk 357. I've found front sights but not a set. Williams makes a set for the Single Six, would that rear sight work? My eyes aren't what they use to be.

NoSecondBest

If you're trying to shoot good groups, this isn't the answer. Get your eyes fixed or go to a red dot sight. Fiber optic sights are terrible for precision shooting with a handgun. I'm going to be 66 next month. Lasix gave me 20/15 vision in both eyes. Pricey, but worth it to me. Even with good eyes, a red dot will greatly assist you in shooting much better groups with a red dot than fiber optics. Consider an option other than fiber optics for shooting.

Noreaster

Last 15 mins of legal shooting time I loose the stock sights in low light. My GP100 has a beautiful set of fiber optic sights that I can shoot accurately out to 50yds no problem. My S&W X Frame has fiber optic sights that I can make accurate shots out to 100yds.

Pahoo

Too many birthdays ???

Noreaster
I can relate to your situation and it seems that in the process of losing our younger eyesight, we go through stages. On my M/L's, the open sights and peep sights, still work well for me and know that I would never put a RedDot on any of my SideLocks Now then, on most handguns I'm not so good with open sights so have chosen to mount the fiber optics and that works well for me but RedDots, give me the best performance. Kind of depends on the type of shooting I'm doing and "what" I'm shooting. If you are still getting along with your fiber optics, so be it. I have a couple of handguns with fibers optics solely on the front and that works. ..... :)

RedDots and Fiber optics, look like crap, on SA Colts ...... :(

Be Safe !!!

madmo44mag

I have one on the front blade of one of my 44 mags.
I like it and get good accuracy.
The main reason I put it on the gun was for low level lighting.
It makes finding the front sight easier in low light.