FFL required?

WeedWacker

Was looking at the forums and decriptions didn't seem to fit this topic so if it's L&P (only other classification I could think of) my apologies in advance.

Is a FFL required for this?

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt100.htm

It's a rifle "kit" and I seem to remember someone somewhere said somthing (just to be a little vague) about the kits not needing an FFL as it's not a completed weapon. This confused the heck outta me cause i still see it as a rifle. Secondly it says "minus stripped lower" yet has lower options. Again confusing, is this not all that is needed for a working rife? says kit but almost implies parts are missing. :confused:

IZinterrogator

It's not a firearm, it doesn't have the serialled receiver and does not require an FFL. The lower options all were trigger options available, again no FFL required to buy a trigger.

jfrey123

**Disclaimer: I don't know nearly enough about serials and ffl requirements, just enough to get myself into trouble**

That said, this thing looks like a complete rifle [re-read site, apparently it is not]. It comes with an upper. They ship the lower unassembled, which I guess is how they bypass the FFL???

What part of a typical AR-15 is FFL controlled? Upper or Lower?

Never mind, answered my question below.

[EDIT]
From Website said:
rifle kit comes with everything needed to complete a stripped lower receiver Rifle kit does not include stripped lower

So I read more closely, looks like we need to have our own stripped lower, and I assume those require an FFL to get for you?

Last edited:

rantingredneck

You have to buy the stripped lower separately, which is the serial numbered part requiring the FFL. The lower parts are parts you install into the stripped lower receiver.